Keep truckin wifi

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by joseph1853, Jul 31, 2021.

1. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    The company I've started working for has me using Keep trucking eld and I've started using its wifi option for the tablet I've got it running on. does anyone know what all they have access to through the wifi signal? I'm assuming that everything that happens on my tablet after connecting to their wifi is no open for review?

Added 8/1/21
    This is probably a bit too much but anyone thought of using a DNS server to mask where the signal is coming from? So basically they will see information but won't know where it's coming from. Something along those lines.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Why do I hear Admiral Ackbar's words ringing in my ears as I read your post?

I wouldn't trust that internet connection to read your church's newsletter - never mind real-world email, humor or even news. Anything you see or read on the company internet can and will be used against you.

Why risk it when other options are available that offer a better connection at a reasonable price?

BigTizle Thanks this.
  4. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Lol, what were Admiral Ackbar's words? Never heard of him.

Anyways I agree. Just was wondering if anyone had actual experience with this meaning they had keep truckin pull stuff other than eld info from their tablet.

I do not plan on using the tablet for anything other than the eld and if I do I would just disconnect from their wifi and use my phone's hot spot.

My wife wondered why I wanted to get a separate device for my eld other than my phone, I told her because I do not want them tracking my every move while I'm off duty. There up my butt enough as it is.

5. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

Really? Ever see Return of The Jedi?

alds Thanks this.
  6. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Ah, yes, though it's been a while lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.