Kenworth T600 vs Freghtliner Classic XL

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by a-backwards, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    3.90s and LP 22.5 puts you around 1650@65 with a .73 od. Double over .62 puts you around 1400-1450 @ 65

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I agree with the east coast seacans, those tractors will get beat really bad.

If I had to choose between just those two it's going to be the KW with the higher ratio and somewhat of a better quality construction in the cab. Maybe. Hopefully. Although any tractor in that service all i can see is the bigger horse and 3.90 something in the freightliner. It might be cheaper just to run that freight shaker so that when it gets beat up and needs work, Freightliner is everywhere. KW in Baltimore is pretty powerful as they are here in the Rock, but it's pricey.

If I had a personal choice it's either going to be a pete 379 long nose or a Kenworth T2000. One of these two depending on what is equipping them.

Mack would be a third choice due to it's shorter legs for the necessary mountains around the east coast that are pretty stiff in places. Knowing how heavy Seacans are. Some of the most outrageously heavy loads Ive hauled were in containers with older late 50's early 60's macks that pretty much got totaled after the trip from time to time. However they got the load to Baltimore or wherever it may be in those days.

I would not be bothered to find any one else's tractor for seacan work. Unless by some miracle Caterpillar, Western Star and so on can spec a tractor heavy enough to endure that kind of work with loads ranging from 90,000 to 140,000 gross.

If it's retail it's going to be the SD122 with the biggest horse I can find with the lowest ratio I can put on a 13 speed underdrive. We will get that box there. Not very fast or fuel efficient but we will get it there. I don't know how I can put a sleeper onto a strong daycab like the SD122, but that's a problem for another day.

4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    12 years old this thread I’m sure op has been through a few trucks since he posted it

Oxbow and rank Thank this.
  5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I’m sure he’s not in trucking. And who quotes a decade old post and doesnt write anything new?

6. JTAN

JTAN Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Rome , GA.
    I know this is an old thread but give me the xl with 550cat...and this from a man that loves kw's though if remember right the t-600 has that toe stumper from the sleeper to the cab...or was it t-660 ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.