Kinight Intermodal

Discussion in 'Knight' started by MADLUX, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MADLUX

MADLUX Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2008
    hey, knight just opened up a new intermodal terminal here in Norfolk Virginia. Any of the other intermodal guys have any info, like pay, equipment, etc. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Baack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    FWIW, I admit total ignorance regarding Knight Intermodal, but if it's anything connected with Kevin Knight and his family, RUN AWAY!
    Let's put it this way, when the men in that family make love, they prefer to be on the bottom BECAUSE THEY CAN ONLY SCREW UP!!!

brsims Thanks this.
  4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Knight is a poorly run company from a drivers perspective. They take all they can from the driver and then replace him when he quits shortly thereafter. Not much point in even giving them five minutes of consideration.

Drivers as a whole are underpaid and such generous people ... to a point but Knight takes it to a whole new level.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Hey, sounds like they just found another way to screw their drivers!:biggrin_2557:

6. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Bet it's just shuttling containers to local yard for OTR's..?!

7. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I wish, I'd much rather pull cans than Knight trailers, containers are in better shape and have better tires on them.
    :biggrin_25523:

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Should of said this before making your bet.
    :yes2557:
    Well since most of the trolls are clueless I will say it is a growing division within knight despite them supposedly screwing everything up they seem to keep getting Intermodal contracts.:biggrin_255:

9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

10. MADLUX

MADLUX Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Some one with common sense around here, rather than funny anwsers that don't pertain to the question.

As stated before, if anyone knows anything about there intermodal division all information would be appreciated.

I will say on a side note though, there pulling a ##### load of can here, day cabs and sleeper cabs also.

11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yea were trolls because we were ripped off by Knight. Bigblue you can boast about Knight all you want but the fact their great businessmen does nothing for a drivers W2. Their are many businessmen out here that will ENSURE his drivers W2's are on par with a living wage. Knight isn't one of them.

You seem to have all the answers, why does Knight replace drivers every single day to take the place of those that quit yesterday ?

To OP well a month later and no one has come forward with the info you seek. Knight is no better than the rest of them. If you can make a $1000 dollars a week and be home daily then it's worth your time. Just call Knight and talk to them. They would never lie to you. BOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.