Knight Dedicated NC NJ???

Discussion in 'Knight' started by johnnyblaze1009, Aug 28, 2012.

1. johnnyblaze1009

johnnyblaze1009 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2012
    My partner works for knight & say there's a dedicated night run that goes from Fayetteville, NC to New Jersey home most the nights, off weekend, $800 to $900 a week. Is this true or is there any driver that do this route? I was looking forward to get with Knight if true.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    Call and ask...sounds good.

4. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Esp. since a lot of OTR's dont like driving NJ..!

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    1200 miles round trip, so it would be every other night home at least. Would it be two runs with 3 days off or three runs with 1 day off? Considering what Knight considers "OTR" I'm not to sure there would be too many OTR drivers that would turn down consistent miles like that, Jeresy or not. Just call them and ask, all they can do is lie to you. Good luck.

6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I for one would absolutely turn that down............just sayin'

7. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    No doubt that some would turn it down. But many wouldn't. After you have been everywhere and decide you need some consistency in your life something like that would appeal to many drivers. Some would do it for the guaranteed 2400-3600 miles per week.

8. OverDrive

Guess you would be quick to sign up for a 'regular turn' from San Diego to San Francisco, then? (over 1000 mile round trip, or 3000+ miles/week!)

9. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    In a heartbeat.... if I lived there. With Knight? Considering they only passed out 1800-2000 miles a week to the sheep and 2500 if you were willing to spend three days on the last 500 miles. I would have no problem with San Diego-LA traffic. I'm a versatile driver willing to whatever it takes to get miles and get home. That's why I quit Knight, I'm too good for them.

10. OverDrive

2 trips thru LA on the I405/I5, 2 trips over the Grapevine, and 2 trips down the I580 corridor to the Bay area...3 times/week!! And, btw, not at 'your convenience' to meet schedules...you must really hate yourself.. [​IMG]

11. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    No I don't hate myself one bit. I do hate driving randomly around the country with no idea when I'll be home though. Been there and done that. You do know there's local drivers in NYC/Jeresy and So Cal that do things like what you described everyday?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.