Knight has no debt

Discussion in 'Knight' started by mike76, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Bingo!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC

Dang Mooney, nothing gets past you. Would you consider doing investment consultation for me? Maybe investment of the month, or something of the like.

4. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

While I appreciate the compliment, I am a firm believer in NEVER letting

someone else invest for you.

Only you know what you know. I subscribe to some of the rules of Warrren

Buffet.

Invest in what you know, if you can't explain what a company does to a

ten year old, forget it.

Don't diversify too much, three or four things are easier to understand than

20 things, this is why I hate mutual funds, they buy 200 things and hope

for the best.

Finally, just investing doesn't make you rich, investing and being right make

you rich. Know why you do something before you do it.

Bottom line, people aren't stupid, everyone has the ability to invest their

own money. Start small and see how it goes.

stranger Thanks this.
  5. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Just goes to show you FIGURES DON'T LIE, BUT LIARS SURE CAN FIGURE!!!
    The only reason they are remotely doing well is at the expense of all their drivers!!!
    I'm almost over them. Give me a few more $900 paychecks for working 50 ACTUAL hours in TWO WEEKS and I will COMPLETELYm forget I ever worked there!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    JustSonny Thanks this.
  6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That's the way I feel completely. I found a small company about ten miles from home and will never look back now. Well aside from coming here and doing my part in dissuading anybody from ever considering them.

Life is good drivers but you'll never eek out a living with some of these mega junk haulers. All you have to do is go knock on some doors as the good companies have no need to advertise. Every week when I am paid more than a living wage as opposed to peanuts and every time I talk to people who admire truck drivers for what they do I am reminded why I started driving in the first place. The odd part is the better I am treated the more angry I get at Knight. Thinking back to the things I had to fight for, the things I went without, and the overall moral character that Knights believe drivers are, well quite frankly it pisses me off. WE were all wronged by them and right now as we speak they are screwing drivers how ever they can.

AND please if you have never driven for Knight don't chock this up to the "it's all big companies" way of thinking. NO IT ISN'T ! Swift, Werner, Schneider most of their disgruntled drivers are steering wheel holders. Knight places no value on the efforts of professional drivers NONE !

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    If Swift , Werner , and Schneider aren't like the rest why are they always hiring like the rest ? Several times I posted the statement the CEO of Schneider gave to the House Transportation Committee stating their level of pay is lower than it was in the 80's .

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Well I speak from experience about Schneider. My opinion is out dated but Schneider never stole from me outright. I never begged them money earned. They payed me what they said they would and I needed a break into this line of work. I did not come from a trucking family and am not ashamed of that. I am no way saying anybody with experience should go and work for one of these companies but I am saying your rate of success is much greater with anyone but Knight.

I am not challenging you on the low pay offered by these companies by any means. I moved on and am doing just fine and me being nothing special means anybody with some motivation and love for a noble profession can still make a good living at it.

Bottom line is I am on a mission to destroy Knight. Will I win ? Eventually the efforts of others will combine to hurt them. They stole money from me through deception and I am going to personally make sure it is a known fact that this is a business practice they engage in.

9. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Enron style accounting?

From a trucking company?

WHY I NEVER. :biggrin_25522:

10. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Knight may have no debt because all their drivers are completly stinking broke!!!

11. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.