Knight Squire Training Updates

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by lcfd15, Nov 13, 2014.

1. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I know some of the trainers will take short runs on the weekends if they want to make some extra money, I don't see why they would not allow a dispatcher to do so. Now running your own truck, I have no clue how they would accept that though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SamAmericanMotor

SamAmericanMotor Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2014
    i mean it wouldnt matter if they except it or not if i get my cdl i can find my own loads

4. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    Sam. Are you talking as a company driver? If company youbhave to take theres. If your talking OO you canb do what you want

5. lcfd15

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I guess that is where I was confused as well. I know that if you wanted to go be a dispatcher, I am not sure they would allow you to operate as an o/o. I mean you would have to prove you have all permits, plates, insurances and everything. I don't see how it would be profitable if it was only ran on the weekends as an o/o with just the insurance payments alone.

6. lcfd15

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I have been out with my trainer for the past week now. Since i have driven before, it was like riding a bike and all came flooding back to me. I was able to knock out 3300 miles this week. The trainer was awesome. He showed me specifically how to work everything and make sure it was all done the way that Knight wanted it done. Went all up and across the NE. Started in Atlanta to Savannah, GA. Savannah, GA to Charlotte, NC. Than Charlotte to Boston. Boston to Syracuse. Syracuse to eastern NY. Eastern NY over to Ohio. Ohio to NC.

It was a fun journey. I was put in some situations that I am glad I was with a trainer for. 1 being high wind advisory area (coming down I-77 in the WV mountains) and coming across Buffalo where the lake effect winds were whipping us and our empty all across the road.

Knight also was very good at getting me home during the holidays during my training. My trainer wanted to go home for Thanksgiving and i told them I would be okay with staying out with a local guy to continue my training. I was told that they would bus me home (which they did as I am home now) and the holiday would still count towards my 28 day minimum training! They have treated me good and so far I have had an awesome experience. All of the pieces have fell in to place and is turning out to be one heck of an experience.

Rollr4872 and Puppage Thank this.
  7. Richmondk

Richmondk Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Georgia
    Is knights hiring from Georgia ?

8. lcfd15

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Yup, I live in Hinesville, GA.

9. Richmondk

Richmondk Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Georgia
    Are they a good company to start with ?

10. lcfd15

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Yes they are. Click here for my forum of what I've gone through so far. I started in their training program to get my CDL since I let it go when I joined the army. They have good starting pay, nice equipment, treat you like a person and decent benefits. Also their training comes with a no contract obligation, so there is nothing they hold over your head!

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  11. Richmondk

Richmondk Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Georgia
    I'm gonna call em n see about getting started

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.