Knight transportation. Corp office.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Erick chapel, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Erick chapel

Erick chapel Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Fontana CA
    I think planners, dispatchers, csr's, need more understanding of the Trucking industry and the lifestyle of the trucker and less of what they learned in college. The shop mechanics at every terminal are very compassionate and caring of what they do, and Know how to do their jobs. If a high ranking manager would or could just step up and say "care about your job and get to keep it" we would definately see change for progress. My main concern at knight is, planning, dispatching, and csr's. When a person only cares about money, it affects the people he steps on to get it....in example: 550 mile run in CA....appt due in 10 hrs...be on time or else. Having no regards of the 55 speed limit, or lunch breaks, or restroom stops, or construction, or dot scales, or trip planning, or fuel stops, or re-routing for hazmat, or securing the load before departure, or my favorite one..the Pre Trip Inspection................................................

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TrucKer 999 TriLLion

TrucKer 999 TriLLion Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Ca

Like those Ikea Loads, or Blue Packaging........:biggrin_25511: or u'll be 200 miles out from a consignee ur delivern too with about 5-6 hours to drive....and they'll send u another load that delivers tommorrow morning about 350-500 miles...& it should have been picked up 1 or 2 days ago.....& when u do arrive 2 pick up that load, ur already out of hours....:biggrin_2558:....time 2 call afterhours dispatch, if its an important cust, they'll transfer u over to customer service....

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Erick instead of wasting your time blowing steam you could be looking for another job. Knights never going to change...ever. Theres just to many people willing to put up with this kind of treatment. On top of those people they now have new drivers who don't know any better and/or just chock it up to paying their dues.

sammycat Thanks this.
  5. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    In the meantime, cover your butt on the qualcomm by acknowledging the load, when you can deliver (legally), explaining that you can't meet that average speed, but you can be there an hour later. It's not your fault that they can't do basic math.

On the next load, explain that you'll be out of hours when you deliver, and when you can be at the next pickup, and when you can deliver.

Once you've covered your butt - there's not much they can do but make the calls to reschedule everything.... ESPECIALLY being on e-logs... ain't like you can fudge them.

6. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    I thought this thread was going to be about the new corporate office.

Picture taken from the truck parking lot.

[​IMG]

sammycat and Roadmedic Thank this.
  7. ONESHOT1997

ONESHOT1997 Medium Load Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Brandon Fl.
  8. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    No, that's CRE!

9. Rick Brown

Rick Brown Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Monroe NC

This is exactly the way the Knight's operated Swift back in the 80's and early 90.

10. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY

Rick
    I don't really know the history of Knight-can you elaborate more?
    I know some- so it would help to understand where they came from and what they are doing now. I really am interested to know as I have some '2nd hand' knowledge of Knight now.

11. Rick Brown

Rick Brown Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Monroe NC
    I don't know the full story, but I do know the Knights were with Swift, and were upper management back in the day. I worked at Swift 90-91 and they were there. The Knights left Swift and formed Knight within sight of Swift.

One of the biggest issues I had with Swift was the de centralized dispatch, and when the Knights left Swift changed that to a centralized dispatch. That and all the short haul freight.

sammycat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.