L/O Changing Terminals, hard/easy

Discussion in 'Swift' started by blsqueak, Jun 16, 2011.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    When did all of these changes start. Do they think that it might be a good idea to let us know. What is this new POD setup? What is a POD? I did not get into this L/P deal to be stuck in one area. If I wanted that, I could have signed on else where and ran regional.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    PODs are when several DMs are combined into a group and their fleets are similarly combined into one. The driver then has several DMs to communicate with. I can imagine there are advantages, but the personal touch is lost, continuity of communication is lost and personal accountability for the DMs is lost. The team is only as good as its weakest member. In such an arrangement, a lazy team member can easily be hidden behind more capable members.

scottied67 and inkeper Thank this.
  4. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    So it sounds like that a person can almost forget about running 48 now. Get stuck in areas that definately hate. Is this new POD going to affect L/O's also. Have you heard any word on this Injun. I also sounds like pretty much if you get in a planners area, then they can just run you in that area if they need you, and do not care what it is costing the L/O.

5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    L/O can turn any load down for any reason. That's the way you can get out of an area.

6. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I understand. Just now turned down one. PU this AM, 80 miles away, and del 400 miles 3 PM tomorrow.

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

Try putting in a hometime request at a western terminal's zip code.

8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Alot of companies are doing that now and it sucks. For example they are taking drivers from 3 dispatchers and now 2 are working the group to cut costs. Any everything you said is true. It took forever to get a comcheck as it turned into a low priority.

Injun Thanks this.
  9. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I will be doing that to get to the Denver Terminal so Justin can take care of something, and will have to do one for PHX so that KW can install the fridge.

10. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Had a long talk to the DM and FM today, and they can see why my frustration. After home time they are going to be doing something different, like no more of these 300-500 short loads unless there is something on the other end so not sitting. They see that they are just dumping these short loads on me. As far as changing terminals, they have stated that it will not be a problem. They will approve it. Just need to find someone to put in a good word for me. But first they want to try and fix the problem.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Been a little while. While I was home I received a phone call asking if I wanted to run dedicated Wal-Mart out of Coloumbus. Was told that the avg miles would be 2500/wk. I said yes. Then this week, received a msg about the new account, was told that the avg miles would be 2100/wk. Had to pass. After putting pen to paper, was not going to work for .20/mi after expenses. Made a phone call, and today was transferred to the PHX terminal. They had me transferred in less then 10 minutes. Now will finally get to be able to start to run west and be able to get out and stretch my legs. They could not believe my miles for the last 21 days. Now just have to get out of GLR area and del a load to Columbus on Saturday, and then see what happens. PHX set me up for a home time request for the 14th in PHX, have a meet and greet, and start to run, so looks like out of Columbus, start to head that way.

scottied67 and inkeper Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.