Landstar practice

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Oldskool58, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldskool58

Oldskool58 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Landstar will accept a load for 2 dollars then list it $1.70 on a load board landstar contract and then take 35% of 98% or 37% of 100% and then some of the brokers do bait and switch , you accept the $1.70 and go to pick up the load and the broker says the load cancelled but I they have another load available for $1.40 and you already wasted time and fuel to pick up . So lose a day and fuel or accept the lower rate

Studebaker Hawk and DSK333 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I am a BCO and I always get rate conformation before I start to roll. How do you know the agent got 2 a mile and then posted 1.70. Why waste time on low paying freight. Run short haul in the midwest.

Dave_in_AZ and snowlauncher Thank this.
  4. Oldskool58

Oct 2, 2018
    I'm happy for you and glad you like working there

jsnell Thanks this.
  5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I’m not as happy for you as the OP is, but I am still happy for you.

Dave_in_AZ, sawmill and jsnell Thank this.
  6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    My brain just can’t fathom how working for $1.40 a $1.70 per mile makes financial sense. At that rate, I just can’t see you netting more than around $1500 a week; hardly worth the risk when you (I do anyway) could make that as a company driver.

7. Oldskool58

Oct 2, 2018
    That was my reality Frank ,and I was depressed . But then I started asking around and educated myself and I'm in a much better situation now .

BigHossVolvo and Frank Speak Thank this.
  8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    If you are happy and you know it clap your hands.

9. kabusheke2004

kabusheke2004 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Virginia
    There are some guys who offer dispatch service at LS to the new guys who are trying to learn the system. You may wanna give them a try. 1st six months at LS are hard as you try to learn the good lanes. Good n bad agents. Places to avoid....n stuff. Stay in the mid west and you will be fine. It was hard for me too when i started working here too. With time i got better. All the best

10. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Is it hard to get to Texas? If I was O/O, I'd try to get to Texas immediately. I'm from Memphis lol

11. CharlesLandstar

CharlesLandstar Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2018
    San Diego,California
    I don't understand, in case you are Landstar BCO driver, and you get the FB with specific rate, and after you arrive at the shipper location and for w/e reason agent calls you and tells you that load is canceled, you can always (read MUST) request TONU. Same goes if you are carrier.

jsnell and 06driver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.