Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Concord,NC
    Its your and you take it with you. While it may be rumor, I heard your interest rate shoots up if you leave....

csmith1281, whoopNride and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. just g p

just g p Light Load Member

May 20, 2013
    San Antonio, Tx
    OK thanks.

3. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    But... if you have good credit, you should shop for a good rate. Landstar is up around 9 something percent. You could get about 6 if you check around.

just g p, csmith1281 and whoopNride Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm just not an advocate of having your own trailer. You cut yourself out of all the pre loaded freight, and that is substantial.

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  5. W9onTime

W9onTime Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    There is certain advantages to both ways , and I don't know what the new contract pays for your own trailer but my trailer made me an extra 575$ last week .
    I've never regretted having it but to each his own

6. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Definitely shop around for interest rates on any loan regarding a trailer. If a person doesnt have their own trailer before arriving at LS I tend to suggest they wait to see how the drop and hooks work for them. Personally there is little to no drop and hook in our out of my home in Omaha and I prefer to do more logistic minded loads so having my own trailer allows me the ability to carry equipment to serve those loads. The trailer generated revenue has more than made up for the freedom of the drop and hooks I gave up.

csmith1281, nikmirbre and whoopNride Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted