Landstar So Far

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Dave_in_AZ, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Isn't 904 the area code for Jacksonville?

Some place on the LS pages you can look up agencies and see some basic info on them like office location and such.

If they are too cheap to get a local number and want to hide there office address from you to limit reprisals you may just want to block them.

I filtered those agents effectively through load alerts. And it didn't take long to block their number (add contact and set their ringtone to "no ring").

RStewart and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Are you suggesting corporate billionaires would partner to lap up all the cream whilst paying the minimum???

RStewart, Bumper and Blu_Ogre Thank this.
  4. Blu_Ogre

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Suggesting? NO

More like Strongly implying with a deep helping of contempt for flavor.

RStewart, Bumper and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    That FB page is a joke.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Landstar crashed a giant portion of it's fleet this morning ( electronically ).

They used to give you a free e-log. The 50 ( fiddy ). Too many shnooks transferring from megas messed that up.

So about a year ago they set a date ( today ) for everyone to have the new $1,000 e log.

Well they don't even have enough for everyone, and a lot of the people that do have one ( like my Truck 2 ) have been put on hold by logs, on a holiday weekend.

This course of careful planning is just so indicative of today's mediocre performance standard throughout our society.

Fortunately Truck 2 is on holiday. But a few thousand guys are not. With no one but a few people in after hours safety to help them.

Sad.

7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I was in the same situation in June or July - from the junky MCP250 that was being a problem. Luckily somebody had the forethought to stash away a few units of the 'Keep Trucking' units for BCO's in my dire predicament. They were in short supply back then.

I'd expired my window of 7 days on paper, so I was literally out of business as far as LS was concerned.

They better figure something out pretty quickly. They do like their revenue streams . . .

8. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Just shows the " Get it off my plate " culture. " Not my fault."

Gee what if there's a problem on a large scale with no one in the office? Such awesome foresight. That's what bugs me. None of us could operate with the standard they use for themselves.

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Don't know where your getting $1,000 from. Mine was $750 but then again I wasn't stupid and wait till the last minute to try and upgrade....

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Well Truck 2 is off hold.

He sent them pics of the back of his eld where it says Model# Blah IVG. For all the all knowing IV = 4. 10-4?

He's like," This is the only one i've had in 4 years."

Dude in safety was like," Yea, logs has this AFU."

SO it's S.N.A.F.U.

11. Blu_Ogre

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Once in a while the wife asks me if I am thinking about going back to Landstar. AS time passes I have been giving less positive of responses.

This SNAFU is not moving me to a more positive response.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.