Lane departure warning

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by jimjam38, Mar 11, 2021.

1. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I just crank the tunes, I can barely hear it! Of course, I do get this ringing in my ears, and my wife gets agitato with me because I keep saying “WHAT” to her, but hey...

NavigatorWife and Coffey Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Like me after 32 years of marriage, called selective hearing!.

NavigatorWife and flood Thank this.
  4. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    That assumes it works correctly. Driven more then one truck where the sensor got moved on a windshield change and would go ####### crazy on a regular basis over anything from birds to cars or trucks moving through the lot.

Had one truck that would do that god awful beepbeepbeep siren over radio speakers at full maximum painful volume then had a bright white light flash on the dash every time a headlight was on in oncoming traffic which the shop refused to adjust it for FIVE <insert long string of cussing here> years. Nothing like a bright strobelight in the face and painfully loud sounds to make a driver drive safer /sarcasm

And because i was the night shift team driver well.....lets just say there is a reason the one in the truck i just bought which was added aftermarket by the last owner and the exact same model as the truck i used to drive....may have ended up used for target practice....and may or may not have had a molotive thrown at the remains which may or may not have been put out with used beer before the whole thing got dumped in a hole and got a dump to further express my enjoyment of the system. Much catharsis was had.

Fun fact though, if you have a windshield mounted one and a slip of thick paper or business card should find itself wedged under the sensor it has a tendacy to malfunction and stop working. Id get it looked at if this should happen though. You can end up in a lot of ####.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I disabled one on a 579 by detaching the black wire connecting two speakers.

A better way would be to detach whatever wire that runs from the warning system to the wire connecting to the speakers from within the dash so as not to cut sound altogether from the speakers.

Never tried this, but you may be able to disconnect wires running from the sensor itself behind the fairings. Or perhaps the sensor itself could be 'blinded' by tape or paint.

6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Not true...the last truck I drove had it and it would buzz at the white line going away from the granny lane going down an exit ramp or coming up an entrance lane. It would buzz at the white salt lines when they pretreated before a snowstorm. It would also buzz at the stripes of tar sealer when facing the sun in the morning...it was absolutely maddening

7. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    That's not true. Mine picks up phantom or old lines.

8. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Except the buzz override the sound,and come thru the speaker alone.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If I unplugged the extra wire on the front speakers of my Cascadia, it throws up a bright yellow warning on the LCD nag screen.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The one in my truck starts screaming about following distance after sitting at a red light when it’s raining.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I figured out which fuse needs to blow that turns the radar unit off...but I'm not suppose to use the forum to instruct on how to eliminate such things

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.