Last load

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Dec 30, 2015.

1. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Tomorrow marks the last day pulling under my own numbers.
    I'll start my weekend early as I prepare to head up to Louisville on Sunday night.
    Big question: I know some guys here who ran their own numbers before coming over to mercer...my insurance is covered thru feb 6th an then It will be cancelled.
    How does mercer go about transitioning me over from my own dot to theirs? I've heard where some guys cancelled their authority months before coming over but unfortunately for me I had to continue to work until I was actually accepted by mercer so I'm scheduled to be there Monday but my authority is still active.
    Just a little insight on how you guys would go about it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    If you are running your own base plate be sure to pay your state 1dollar to change the in charge of safety on the irp cab card after you have copy of lease to take with you to irp office?

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  4. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    You need to notify the FMCSA that you want to voluntarily suspended (revoke)your Authority. I believe, now they make you keep insurance in effect for 30 days after you suspend it too.

5. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    There is a form you use to do that, I can't remember what is is off the top of my head. You can find it on FMCSA website.

6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Just voluntarily suspend it,, remove all markings, and lease that joker on, you c a n run your plates till time for renewal. Don't sound so worried, you will be fine hear, by the way where do you live?

brian991219 Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    As others have said, all you got to do is a voluntary suspension. then notify your insurance company so you don't have to keep paying it longer than you need to.

8. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Make sure you properly close your IFTA account down as well. If you don't and decide later to reactivate your authority it will get expensive.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.