Last paycheck

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Veni Vidi Vici, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2020
    48 states
    Why do all truck companies hold your last paycheck, when you drove miles of sacrifice on your back and kidneys and not to mention lost time at home. Even if you wash and clean there trucks before dropping it at there yard.
    All that they do and all they take seems reluctant to drive for any truck companies. Lost for words!
    We Commit the 4th of the 10/Commits for them!
    They commit the 8th of 10th/Commits for us!
    Where's the trade in it?
    ACT

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    You may want to check with your State's Labor Board. In California if you gave 3 days notice, and you are W2, they have to give you your final check as your walking out the door. Some states have no limits.
    I don't know why some companies play the hold game, especially when you gave them notice, dropped off clean equipment at their yard. Then again, these are the same companies that can't figure out why they end up with abandon trucks at truck stops, and torn up equipment.

Western flyer and Veni Vidi Vici Thank this.
  4. Veni Vidi Vici

Feb 7, 2020
    48 states
    Why do truck companies hold your last paycheck, when we clean, wash there trucks and dropping at there yard. Not to mention are backs and kidneys and lost time from home. Just to add fluff on what they go through in the office for us?
    Nobody like to lose, however, It gives me reasonable doubt if it really Worth the effort to hit the road for companies that end in this manner.
    Actually I am! I tried, I got there, and I delivered in the best of bad weather, upset drivers (4wheelers), and a company standard. Just be upset with the end result! And here I go to work for them again? I Quit! Maybe?

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Sometimes they do it out of spite. Sometimes that's how they pay your way home. Other times, they probably found an issue with the truck. I can't speak on your situation but you should ask the company you quit why they kept your money. If you worked for one of those 1099 companies and you had an escrow with them, consider it gone.

Western flyer and Veni Vidi Vici Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And you wonder why they had a cattle drive to the Powder River in the movie?

Anyway, personal losses in terms of wear and tear is not noticed by the industry. If bad enough you land on the disability list and out of the workforce.

The State usually makes sure if you are a W2 that the money will be forthcoming unless the company claims damages and so forth. I have walked away from companies a couple of times after being threatened in one way or another and have had the satisfaction of seeing the entire staff unemployed as well when they vaporize the entire company.

Its only the bad ones that cause trouble. The good ones generally make the pay happen, you will wait for it.

Veni Vidi Vici Thanks this.
  7. Veni Vidi Vici

Feb 7, 2020
    48 states
    Raw hide, Rolling Down the Road while my dispatcher cracks his whip, Raw hide is when get when I move any direction. Thanks for the advise, ACT

8. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Take vacation and quit then

Western flyer Thanks this.
  9. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    It's a how dare you.
    How dare you not being happy with us treating
    You like ####.
    How dare you not being happy with the 500 bucks
    A week we pay you to be gone for weeks at a time.

How dare you looking for a better job.
    How dare you not smile into the camera they got
    Pointing in your face to watch your every move.

I could go on and on.
    Theses companies will never figure it out.
    Pay the drivers what he's worth and leave
    Them alone.
    Driver turnover solved.

Mototom and bryan21384 Thank this.
  10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You could pay drivers 6 figures a year and the turnover rate will still be the same. I say that because everyone has an image about trucking before they get in it, then they get in it. People have a hard time with this lifestyle. I dont see how that changes. The psychological part to me is what creates high turnover. Being away from home, missing out on everything, loneliness too powerful of a feeling to handle, you know how it is.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There are a few who are truckers. Im one of them. You all can laugh me out of the stadium. But not too many get to do this thing very long in this industry. They get snipped before they get a chance to grow fully.

Sometimes I can blame companies for being so abusive or I can blame the drivers for being so bad. Or I can blame the overall training situation that teaches nothing. Ive been a bad driver myself for a time. And a good one too. As well as one angry enough at dispatch that I could not be bothered to do anything other than slam the door and drive straight through and still be late. (This is where the famous load dispatch 5 minutes before quitting time with a 200 mile dead head comes in backed by live loading and then 800 miles overnight by 9 am appt.

Its not going to happen. However they demand it. I guess now since it takes two days to do it, they want teams etc. Thats not going to solve the root problem of information transfer speed to the driver who waits all day for it.

Veni Vidi Vici and Western flyer Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.