Lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Mr$.Robert$, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Ok and don't go to Celedon, if your on dispatch then you will have a fight every time you try to turn down a load that doesn't make money for you and if your on the load board then company trucks have priority and they will steal loads you have already booked to keep the company trucks moving. I have a friend that has been leasing there for six years and is on his second truck and if he wasn't a trainer he would have went broke long ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I did a successful fleece, but it was not free to get into. $5K up front. Much like a Lone Mountain purchase. No buyout.

Yes there are times I took it in the ###. But overall I made good money and had a 34 at the house on the weekend.

Spent like 10 minutes a week with dispatch.

There is no magic bullet. Averaged $80K year, after everything, before taxes.

Your truck savvy has a lot to do with it IMO. How you drive the truck has a HUGE impact.

I was / am at small company as well. No stopping /no waiting for line guys.

If you go to a mega, it will be hard as a solo. If you want to team, it will be easier. Or train, but trainees will THRASH your truck.

You can always make money. You can make money as a second seat gimp at CRST. Maybe not much, but you can make it. It's how much you need, how much you spend, that matters.

Some companies offer to pay a lot, but they take it all back in various fees. The place I was at didn't pay anything outrageous per mile, but they didn't take hardly anything back either.

There's some guys here that make $2500 to $2700 week as a solo. But the truck never stops either.

It's not a pick and choose thing either. Everyone is planned for 2 weeks. If you can't hold your pants up, it causes big kinks in the slinky. The boss won't full around with babies.

Good luck.

matt1502 Thanks this.
  4. Matt201712

Matt201712 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Michigan
    I don't know lol

5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I am pretty sure Lone Mountain gives you the title to the truck with them as the lien holder...correct me if I am wrong. If this is the case then you can take the truck where ever you want. Just make your payments directly to them. No different than owning a car and having car payments. And yes you can lease and STILL get listed on the title with the lien holder (duh)

Basically the point being this. Have full rights to the truck! Period! Lone Mountain, PACCAR and any other finance company will most likely list you as owner with them as the lien holder......even if you are in a 4 year trac lease program. YOU WILL HAVE A TITLE TO SHOW! GET IT! No pretend fantasy path to ownership scams and schemes.

Now if playing pretend owner operator is your thing. More power to you. Enjoy it. Its your right. Have at it. There is absolutely nothing you can say to convince me otherwise.

By the way....the courts have already ruled that Carrier LP drivers are "at will employees." Nuff said.

6. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    It's not just them if it was a long time ago dart will great wide will crst Malone will western express will you have a chance driver

7. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Quality lease you get a copy of it and you can move the truck to a different carrier, you can also pull your own tag, you can also get a carrier that you like get set up as a approved carrier ,you can also get it set up with you if you have the credit the want, I have my truck from quality over a year know and I have been working on fixing my credit so I can get approved and with them and take my truck were I want are stay were I am

8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    No matter where you get a truck, if you are leasing it, you will NOT be listed as the owner. The leasing company doesn't just have a financial interest, they own the truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.