Legend goes from aggressive to fatal

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by otherhalftw, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Man that stinks on the 2 months. About a year ago i asked a couple of the local dots i know about getting into their profession. They kinda acted like it was a secret society or something, discouraging to say the least. Maybe because they knew i drive a truck, idk? I actually believe i would enjoy it most of the time. Working fatality accidents wouldnt be enjoyable, but knowing the type of person i am, it would probly make me work even harder. Im pretty sure i would be consumed with getting some of these guys off the road like your talking about.

Bud A. and mjd4277 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    True. If you’re quick a trip to the bunk and back is barely more that 3 or 4 seconds. Enough to grab that snack.

Muddydog79 Thanks this.
  4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Distracted driving, 99-1 odds on his phone. Any takers? In my opinion, pretty easy to tell. Why? Because had he even half hazard Lee been paying the slightest bit of attention that never would’ve happened.

As The old instructor at my school once said “the worst moment of your life will be the moment you look up from being distracted and realize you’re not gonna stop in time“. That was 100% this guy!

Bud A., InTooDeep and otherhalftw Thank this.
  5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    He might have dropped a jelly bean and was reaching down to get it....hence the little jog before impact #1:eek:

InTooDeep Thanks this.
  6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Maybe he meant to do it.
    Ain't nothing anybody can do about that.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You mean something like these:
    a5.jpg
    a6.jpg

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I run a dashcam, live stream and a gopro on my hat while driving. I usually capture on gopro, 2-3 or more truck drivers every day using their cell phones while driving, along with hundreds of drivers exceeding California's 55 speed limit. I post it all on youtube but people are more triggered that someone 'snitched' on the person more than they are concerned about the illegal activity that is captured on film. Nevermind that there are cameras pointing at us almost everywhere we go.

daf105paccar, Bud A., loudtom and 2 others Thank this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    From my understanding Florida Highway Patrol has a Pete running around that looks like a regular truck until the the blue and whites in the grill come on. Nebraska and Illinois run their respective “Trooper In A Truck” initiatives usually borrowing a semi from a company,with either a trooper riding along with the driver or driving the truck themselves.

Bud A., Muddydog79 and otherhalftw Thank this.
  10. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Thats good they do that, but i think the only way to make a good impact would be to increase the number of trooper trucks. That or increase the number of plain wrappers in multi colors.

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  11. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    How about just enforcing the laws, rules, and regulations? I'm thinking if they aren't an white redneck.....they leave him alone in case of any accusation of racism, bigotry, or a legal case against the dept for targeting.......bunch of BS......just a thought

Muddydog79 and InTooDeep Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.