Let’s talk headsets!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by BazookaJoe, Jun 20, 2018.

1. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2018
    which one do you use?
    I wear glasses so I heard the Blue Parrot 450 could be a problem 250 don’t seem to bad in that area at least.
    What do you guys think

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Blue tiger elite. Love it. Comfy, battery lasts long. I've left it on in my truck for 6-10 days just to come back to truck and it connects to my phone. Its not bulky either, doesn't look like brick on my head

Suspect Zero and BazookaJoe Thank this.
  4. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I use the cheapest Bluetooth you can buy and it works just fine and is tiny. If I wanted to look like I’m taking orders at a McDonald’s drive thru, I’d buy a headset ;)

5. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
  6. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    When I HAVE to talk on the phone and drive I use my Plantronics 5200. It's small and nobody ever knows I'm in the truck. The noise cancelling capabilities are amazing.

BazookaJoe and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  7. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    Headsets are yesteryear pocket protector.
    I don't care who you are, you can't carry on a conversation on the phone and drive at the same time safely PERIOD.
    Or are you one of those guys that talk on the phone while you take a dump?

8. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Well driver, maybe YOU can't carry on a conversation and simultaneously drive safely.. Who put you in charge to speak for everyone? Talking on the phone and driving isn't that much more engaging than singing along with the radio.. No one anywhere is pulling over to take a phone call, period. Over here sounding like a Schneider safety manager.

The "old" generation of trucking can be a trip sometimes..

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I had a blue tiger melt at the charging plug. They only have minimal electronics for that to happen...

BazookaJoe Thanks this.
  10. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    Plantronics 10-4 voyager headset bout 129.99 on their site awesome set up for the price check them out

BazookaJoe Thanks this.
  11. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    It's proven fact that you can't do 2 things at the same time at 100%. Can you talk on phone and drive at the same time, yes. Can you do it safely probably not but maybe. Can you drive 80,000 down the road as safe as possible and talk on the phone, absolutely not.
    Call me what you like, be super trucker all you want, but that is a fact.
    Do I talk on the phone when driving? Yes I do, but only when necessary. I will take a call from the person I am loaded for. I will take call from my wife cause she knows not to call except when absolutely necessary. Everyone else can wait till I stop. My lively hood is worth more than a call from someone of no importance to my job. And I couldn't live with myself if I hurt someone over phone call.
    Not trying to tell what to do, its your life.

Edit: Who are you calling old? I'm only 48. But been driving my own truck long enough to know better. 24 years.

#wishfulthinking and BazookaJoe Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.