Lightweights

Discussion in 'Prime' started by nkdc78, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Just got off the phone with a recruiter named Cindy who was very short with me on the phone..It was like she didn't even want to answer my questions....Anyways, if you drive reefer for Prime you will be assigned to a lightweight truck...She said 99.9% of their reefer drivers drive lightweight...You do not have a choice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    That's the way it was 8yrs ago when I came here.....no choice, none. However looking back I'm glad the 5cpm was about $6,000-$7,000/yr for me. So basically I'd have given up $500+/month for literally and I do mean literally (I just measured it) 4.875sq/ft of floor space, not worth it.

BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  4. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Just curious if you're a cooker ? I like to cook so I need space for cooking stuff and food...I'm also a bicyclist and will need for my bike gear and bike(s)...Do you think I'd be able to manage ? I see guys take the front seat out...I am handy i could probably build shelving and stuff like that..Are there any outside storage compartments on the lightweights ?

5. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I don't like the lightweights, would not drive one personally. I would ask them when summer comes and my wife/significant other, or kids come to spend the summer with me, where are the suppose to sit at since the passenger seat is removed on most of them to make room for a fridge, or my kids going to sleep at? Bet they will give you a full size truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.