Loaded miles

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kolorado, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Turbodriven

Turbodriven Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    I’ve always wondered if companies use these hhg miles for calculating what they owe for ifta? If they are then both the drivers and the states are getting screwed out of mileage but if not then they’d be using two different systems for calculating mileage. If the latter that’s shady as hell and should be a lawsuit, at least the former would be consistent.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    find someone like Poly Trucking out of Grand Prairie Tx, they pay hub miles.

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    When PC miler program came out, it was a game changer. Most States agreed to go by it, if you used it. Made things easier. Didn’t matter how you ran it, the mikes were calculated by PC miler program. I use actual miles and routes the old fashioned way. Recent, and first ever audit in 18 yrs. was last year. They requested records from 1 quarter. All was good. Done. Had there been a problem, more would be required.

5. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I do it pretty much the same. Before we had prorated plates up here, and when I had trucks south I used Stats+ for fuel and prorate reporting. It was a mess before IRP, all the reporting periods were different for both fuel and miles and was a nightmare to stay in compliance. Since IRP I modified the Stats+ trip sheet slightly and still use that for IRP and IFTA along with everything else.

6. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I never have, nor will I ever, work by the mile

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Never say never.

8. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    This is just one of the many many ways that the companies screw you out of what you should be getting paid.

Boondock and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I suspect this is something that will be part of trucking for years to come. Right now the majority of loads are set up by logistics companies. (brokers) They set up the total pay and the miles. This is one thing a driver should understand. I can remember hauling loads that paid differently.

10. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    It has to do with the program they use when planning the loads.

even different brands of gps will show a difference between zip to zip tho not usually as extreme.

I don’t usually sweat it because a lot of times I’ll go the longer way around anyway because it will take less time. Sometimes I take shortcuts. I look at it as sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you

JolliRoger, Boondock and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    the company routing is SHORTEST LEGAL route. This could include 100's of miles of 2 lane state, US highway....

Put in you next run, look at "total miles" then change the setting to SHORTEST and see the difference...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.