Lone mountain

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Johnnylove, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Johnnylove

Johnnylove Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Hello would like to know if anybody has info on Lone Mountain. I'm aware of how their leasing program works I was just curious if anyone has purchased a used truck from them and if so if they have any tips on what they have done or issues that they have had thank you in advance

PPDCT Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I approached them on 2 different occasions as one of my options.

First time was looking at a used and got a real, if you're not going to give me check right now, move on kinda vibe. Coupled with we only stand behind the truck if you bring to Omaha to fix it. Went with a better truck, with better financing and better warranty from my carrier.

Second time I was looking for new. They were a little more cooperative, but still wanted to rush me to a decision. Went with a custom ordered - my specs - truck, with better financing and better warranty from my local dealer.

Some folks here swear by them ... YMMV.

Badmon and driverdriver Thank this.
  4. Johnnylove

Feb 24, 2018
    I got the same feeling. I was just curious because the lady said you need to have 3k in your bank. (Which I have more for maintenance) but she said I need that for a break down the first week. I get it trucks breakdown but the way she made it sound was I was going to drive off the lot and it was going to break down LOL. I was just curious if they really go through their trucks and replace what needs to be replaced or if it's kind of just like a Chop Shop you get what you get

5. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    They sell trucks all the time. In tifton Georgia, Las Vegas ... and Omaha I think... used fleet trucks with emissions...

Lone mountain is a truck dealer, not something else. They buy in bulk, clean up the trucks and do in house financing so to speak.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  6. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Always a good reason why certain businesses exist.

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Buying equipment without checking it out in person yourself, just trusting what a seller advertises, is crazy...

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Only one I ever did was a trailer, and it still bit me.

rollin coal and BoostedTeg Thank this.
  9. Johnnylove

Feb 24, 2018
    Oh I'll definitely check it out in person. I was just curious if anyone knows on what type of service they do to get the truck ready to sell.

10. ttown247

ttown247 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2017
    I got my truck thru lone mountain last July a 2013 Cascadia 500k miles no it didn't break down the first week (they want to see that you have extra $ in case you do have a breakdown in the first week)in fact it hasn't broke down at all yet although I have put about $6k into repairs since I've had it they allow you 3days to get it independently checked out and they will fix it at their shop I took mines to freightliner had a complete inspection and dyno everything came back good so I didn't have to go back to lone mountain for repairs the only repairs they really are going to do prior to selling is Dot stuff,new Virgin tires and a very good detail job so with all used trucks do your part and have it independently checked out

11. Johnnylove

Feb 24, 2018
    OK great thanks foe the response. So you do get time to gave it checked out. That's good to know because I was going to buy a truck from Schneider and they said I could not get an inspection on it. I was like what lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.