Longest Live Load/Unload? Can u top this?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by shaken, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    As dry van freight Texas to California and back I would estimate my avg loads as follows.

Under 2 hours 10%
    2-3 hours 20%
    3-4 hours 50%
    4-5 hours 12%
    5-10 hours 5%
    24 hours+ 3%

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2020
    40 hours Fry’s Tolleson, Arizona. I was 8 minutes late because the shipper screwed me. Did not get paid detention. I quit pulling reefers not long after that

nredfor88 Thanks this.
  4. Zacord

Zacord Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2016
    24 hours at Amazon warehouse in Phoenix Arizona.
    They unloaded the entire trailer when there were 3 partials. Amazon's load was easily accessible. When they finished "unloading", as I left the dock and noticed trailer empty had to walk inside to complain. 1 person came in after half hour waiting at 8pm. They searched the entire warehouse to find the tile they took from reefer trailer.
    The only person to have left Amazon a full 24 hours without leaving according to the guard.

5. Willy Wonty

Willy Wonty Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2020
    PNW, almost Canada
    After being a local guy for years, my first long reefer haul was onions from eastern Washington to Pharr, TX. Little 2 door packing shed told me to come back tomorrow twice. Very far from home and very confused. Detention? The boss thought that was funny. Put in my notice and by the time I got back to Bellingham there was an all aluminum spread axle curtain van waiting for me. I've loved it since.

6. Blackjack55

Blackjack55 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018

7. Blackjack55

Blackjack55 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    2.5 days. In 1989 it took me that long to break down 18 pallets in 47 .
    Public warehouse,no lumpers.....
    Las Vegas NEVADA. I don't remember the name of the place

8. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Hmm...small meat plant in NC. They had 1 dock and unloaded trucks based on what they needed at the time. Waited 30 hours to get unloaded.

Or if you want to count when I had 4 pallets of broccoli refused. Delivered on a Saturday morning and the shipper was closed for the weekend so had to sit on them (getting detention the whole time) until they opened on Monday for a decision on what to do with them.

9. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    ####, in less than four years, this is gonna be a ten year old post. lol

10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    65 hours. 4PM Friday til 9AM Monday.

Unloading appointment was 4:00 Friday afternoon at the Vestas nacelle plant in Brighton, CO. When I arrived at 3:30 (thanks to loose-leaf logs and plenty of caffeine) I was told that the crew goes home at 4:00 and no one would be around to accept the load until Monday morning. Needless to say I was not happy.

I called the broker and advised her that this delay would cost her almost $5k in demurrage, and why TF was my appointment time at 4PM if that's what time the crew goes home?!? She agreed to pay, so I sat on that load all weekend and finished delivering at 9AM on Monday.

The only bright side of this is that the demurrage paid even more than the linehaul.

And don't even get me started on Grocer's Supply in Houston. That one took over 12 hours for a LUL, although it only took them about an hour once they actually started unloading the trailer.

11. Nightrunner1962

Nightrunner1962 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Receiving at McClean in Lubbock Tx Took over 25 hrs to offload, Super Save in Anniston Al. Took 28 hrs to offload. Mallory group in Laredo Txi hear is finding any little thing to reject American truckers so the Spanish truck drivers could get those loads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.