Looking??? Crete/Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Aug 16, 2018.

1. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    For ALL people who were interested in Crete and Shaffer I will give you Day by Day events. As most of you know I started yesterday 8-15-2018 with over a decade of experience in the field. I shoot from the hip with no lies, I will tell you the good, bad and ugly. But honestly there’s very little ugly.

Enjoy your day!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed referral bonus solicitation
    dlc trucking, Farmerbob1 and Coragran Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck to you!

5. TruckerJimbo

TruckerJimbo Medium Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Florida
    Looking forward to seeing your experiences at Crete.

6. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Day 1/2:
    Day 1:
    They rented me a car. I picked an expedition and loaded all my stuff. Got to hotel. Woke up and Day 1 began.
    Took road test n drug test. Ate lunch and now back at room. Talked with company drivers in yard and yes the miles are here.

Day 2:
    Paperwork and some written tests. No biggy... I did bring all my stuff with me on Day 1, they have a nice storage area at Crete. Only because I don’t want to go right back home and live without my things for 2 weeks.

What I noticed so far... no lies from the company. They say what they mean and mean what they say. I should be getting truck tomorrow and I’ll keep ya all posted.

Farmerbob1, Lonesome and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    No more sleep studies?

8. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    I haven’t seen any.
    I heard one guy out of 15 people in orientation complaining about it. But no random sleep studies.
    Day 3 continues...

Bumper Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The lies don't start until after they have made enough from your work to cover what they have invested in you thus far. I was with them for almost 10 yrs, and until I worked at Big G, I considered them to be the worst bunch of anal retentive, self centered micromanaging lying sacks of donkey feces that walked the planet. My last 30 months with them averaged under 10k miles a month.

drvrtech77 and Bumper Thank this.
  10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Maybe things have changed since we were there Snacky.....its been 11 years since I worked there. Tonn could have had a life changing event occur.......

11. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Day 3/last day of orientation:
    Videos and such then waited for the hair test to come back. I passed and now back at hotel. Tomorrow they will get me a rental car and I’ll drive 550 miles to pickup my truck at another terminal. Yes, they pay .55 CPM (to me) to drive rental car to next terminal.
    All is well...
    PS: 1 guy failed hair test, reason: Cocaine in his system. Crete actually gave him a bus ticket back home. I personally would of made him walk. haha
    He will be lucky to get a decent paying job after that because a failed drug test haunts you. Don’t do drugs, lol.
    Everyone else (14 people) passed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.