Looking for Information on Milan Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Hometime, Aug 27, 2008.

1. FRIDAYNITE

FRIDAYNITE Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2009
    JACKS CREEK, TN
    Milan just gave all drivers a 10% cut in pay and they have cut the owner-operators out. Some of the drivers have told me that they even closed some terminals. New drivers getting .26 per mile no money in that

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vickster O

Vickster O Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    You can say that again!! I only lasted 2 weeks with that horror of a female trainer they have there. I've written another post about it in detail. They gave me my paycut before I even started driving! NOT a good company to be thinking about joining!! My hubby's still there.... do you know which terminals they've closed? Rumor has it they may be slowly shutting down, and gave the paycut to put more money in their own pockets before they do so.

4. fourknuckle

fourknuckle Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Luieville, KY
    I'm going to the Milan hub in Louisville Monday for an interview for a dock worker job. Doesn't sound like I should look for a driving job there huh.

5. tannermike46

tannermike46 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2009
    my friend works for milan.he loves it.he runs dedicated from kansas city mo to tenn and back and is home every other day and weekends.

full health care and beni's.nice truck.and great hometime.i just talked to him the other day.he loves it.been there 5 years.:biggrin_255:

6. Vickster O

Vickster O Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Yeah, I guess maybe if you have a dedicated run. My husband is actually getting good miles, surprisingly. I've heard a couple of the teams that he's talked to were getting less than 2000 miles a week combined. (new guys that are splitting miles # .26) The bennies aren't bad, but they definitely make you pay for them!! My husband's been driving solo for less than two months, broke down twice so far. The first time he had to ride with a driver to pick up a different truck in MS after the transmission went out, then the turbo went on the second truck. He just put a new headlight in tonight and has a cracked windshield.

7. Southernboy_Dew

Southernboy_Dew Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2008
    SW Tennessee
    i went to milan round the first of feb and talked to them about goin to their school. it was milan or drivetrain and milan just seemed like they have a better program. anyways she told me id start out at .28 a mile and .1 after a yr n every yr after that. well i told her id think it over and get back to her nxt week. the following week i called her up and told her i wanted to go to their program and went up there to sign all the papers and after i signed everything she said she needed to explain some changes and she told me that if hired i would only get .26 a mile and .1 every yr after that and she thinks .1 raise after 6months but she wasnt sure. it kindof pissed me off because it was like she was tryin to hide it from me, but i figured id still go to their program weither i decide to wrk for them or go somewhere else i havent decided yet. i have a few other options and might go with something else. iv always herd milan was a great company, but i aint so sure, but there aint a great company..they all have their goods and bads. i start training nxt wk. i already have my permit. i drove for a friends logging company pullin logs in middle tn for a few months n loved it but i have someone that offered to pay for me to go to school so i figured id go to school then i might go back to loggin..

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yea these companies are hilarious, not even able to tell a person what they will make per mile ! Do what you have to do to get in the door, get some miles and get out BUT after three years you'll only be making what....29 cpm ???

So get some miles under your belt and get out of there ASAP. There is no reason to work for chump change when you have options, which you will soon have if all goes well for you. Don't fall for the tag line of the brain dead "well golly, least I gots me a job!"

26 cpm ??? For that low of a price they will get newer drivers, and with that comes....well you can only imagine. You get what you pay for !

The nerve of these #### Heads ! And I always thought Milan was a respectable outfit.....ooops missed that one by a dime.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  9. FRIDAYNITE

FRIDAYNITE Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2009
    JACKS CREEK, TN
    You need to ck how much milan holds out of your pay to pay for training last i heard it came out to almost .2 per mile. That makes you drive for .24 per mile. That is if you even get hired. They are laying off drivers and it is very hard to get hired elsewhere. I would train somewhere else that gives you better options and better pay.

10. Southernboy_Dew

Southernboy_Dew Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2008
    SW Tennessee
    correct me if im wrong but 2wks after u complete the program you have to pay them $75 every wk which is $250 a month until u pay them 4,000 then they turn around and pay u like 30 a wk till the pay you the 4,000 back but if u quit r get fired they dont pay u anything else. i have someone thats payin for me to go with a job after i finish so it dont really matter to me. besides who would wrk for .26cpm? its sad to see a company think they can pay someone so cheap, but you get what you pay for...

11. George

George Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Jackson, Tn.
    Actually the person you talked to ( Amber??? ) primarily deals with the school
    and does not deal with the other aspects of the company. If it was Amber you dealt with, she will not lie to you, as a matter of fact she will go out of her way to help. ( in my experience, not trying to defend them )

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.