Low Clearances Route 1 /Garmin Incompatibility

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Wabbles, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Wabbles

Wabbles Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Beware of Low Clearances Route1 POI database for Garmin. Recently purchased the Low Clearances Route 1 POI database to load on a Garmin Dzl/760RV GPS. This was to be a secondary aid to the Garmin database. Once loaded the Garmin quit working and followup discussions with Garmin resulted in my having to pay for repair on the GPS. Garmin was very cooperative and indicated that the Low Clearances database is incompatible. Low Clearances is completely non-helpful and there is no customer support other than they "are sorry".

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They don't have a factory reset on those? I had a couple units that had a secret pattern of touching or pressing parts of the screen that would reset it in case a map or software update failed.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Bakken Basin
    Is this a upgrade flaw only?? I run the 770lmtdhd and it's spot on for clearance..hell it even has built in elog . But it's a pain in the ash with length and bridge weight. Great investment over all. Only upgrade fix I benefited from was address book alphabetical order correctly.

5. Wabbles

Wabbles Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Garmin customer support walked me through the reset process but that still did not fix the problem. Garmin then provided an expedited delivery of a replacement unit at a very reasonable cost. Garmin support has always been excellent and was even better this time. The support from lowclearances was just the opposite. They can only be contacted via their web site and their responses come right out of a can without any attention to the issue. Glad to hear that Garmin has the clearances spot on but it still would be nice to have a reliable second set of data. However, lowclearances was just a loss.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.