LTL Hours and Company Expectations

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Driver5666, Apr 5, 2024.

1. ColoradoLinehaul

ColoradoLinehaul Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2021
    Colorado
    Extraboard can be a bear
    10-14 hr days
    They like to turn you on your 10, 6 days a week to see if you can handle it.
    Start the week in days, midweek switch you to nights and keep you there for 3-4 weeks
    Run you on holidays and weekends

It gets better once you get a bid run and you'll get into a routine finally.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Personal experience at XPO:

Work M-F doing P&D, Saturday linehaul work if there’s freight that HAS to go.

overnight linehaul (Fargo-Minneapolis) you will be expected to work the dock, if you don’t you don’t get paid the 2-3hrs your waiting on trailers to get done.

Some of the P&D routes you’ll have to load your trailer, before heading out. Then when you get back you might have to unload your trailer and do more dock work. Possibly yard moves as well.

XPO you’ll earn every penny you make. It’s good for some people, but not others.
    I have my reasons for leaving them, but would recommend them if that’s what you want.

4. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    You said you were in Washington?

Have you looked at Ashley furniture? They run all over (had a guy blow my doors off down here in TX today), but I've looked at their website and they seem to be a PNW specific company.

Ashley drivers.com was the address on the trlr sticker.

unloader

5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    You're a wild boy lol

6. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Texas
    Get your hazmat anyways. Companies will hire the person that already has it rather than you. Some hazmat tanker companies won’t even let you road test because you don’t have your hazmat and no way of taking the placard off unless tanker is cleaned out and a company is not gonna do that.

hotrod1653 and road_runner Thank this.
  7. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America

Honestly speaking here…. No LTL company worth their salt would look at you, IF you didn’t have your HM. Of all the endorsements that are available to get, HM and tanker are the most important ones to get.

Those should be mandatory for ANY company, even they don’t haul HM.

I DO know that Holland Enterprises, would prefer a tanker endorsement, they don’t do HM at all, but haul a LOT of bulk juice, eggs and liquid in totes that need a tanker endorsement to haul.

IF you had at least tanker, that opens your experience a heck of a lot more there.

At CCFS where I’m at now, we don’t haul much HM now, BUT our western ND drivers do a lot bulk hauling.

Speed_Drums and viper822004 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.