LTL in Pictures

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Sep 1, 2013.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I thought you people would enjoy an official South Dakota snow/ice plow.
    SnowPlow.jpg

Or.... How about a South Dakota traffic jam?
    TrafficJam.jpg

jess4040, Big Don, misterG and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    It's about time we get some pictures, LoL~! ;)

4. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    It wasn't easy. I think we were able to crack the door a little bit enough to get a pallet jack under it. Jacked it up as much as it would. and with a whole lot of strength me and one other guy was able to get it opened. Luckily there was someone else at the post office. Usually at that time of morning, it's just you.

This was after. It was about a year and half ago or so. If it wasn't for that, it probably would have blown the whole door off.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I've opened my share with a fork lift. And totally destroyed a whole bunch of door panels doing it. But one of our dock "experts" was "gonna show you how it's done." Totally destroyed the door, screwed up both tracks and had himself a real good time. When I could see where this was going, I headed to the break room for coffee. Wanted no part of it.
    Boss later asked me what happened to the door on that pup. I responded, "I was in the coffee room." We both left it at that. But I sure was tempted to throw the "expert" under the bus....

6. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh yea I'm sure you were. There have plenty of times I've wanted to throw someone under the bus that thought they knew what they were doing and screwed everything up. I wish we had had a forklift to open the door, but being just a post office, no such luck.

Big Don Thanks this.
  7. jess4040

jess4040 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    I just recently got my CDL, love it, not quite driving a CDL vehicle yet, but I just have this longing to go back to the school bus, I'd love to get into a better bus than before and maybe work my way up into coach buses.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    That's not actually a bad idea; I've actually always longed to drive a mega bus (for a band or something, LoL! ..... just don't go driving 'em in NY. Did you see this?
    At Least 3 Dead When MTA, Coach Buses Collide in New York

ps: Good to see ya back around, gal~! :)

jess4040 Thanks this.
  9. jess4040

jess4040 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    I know, it's been awhile since I've been on here, been working hard on getting that license, it's the hardest thing I've done since having a kid !! LOL
    I did lots of studying, over and over again, practicing my pre-trip on tractors when no one was around and memorizing what I needed to know so that could pass that "migraine" of a road test.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    It'll be well worth it...you'll see. ( I'm sure my wife agrees with you on the 'hardest thing' part, for sure!! ) Both are extremely rewarding, any how ya look at it, though!

Do you all in Canada have a similar CDL B with Passenger endorsement there, like the states?

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    How much "working your way" is required before a coach bus outfit will take you?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.