LTL Packing list (linehauls)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    gloves, smart phone, power inverter for radio, CB radio, few zip ties, clothes up to 4 days, ipod, big liter of water, iced tea, 5 hour energy, my carrying case, cigar sometimes, and hammer... You guys seem to get hardcore LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    It seems like I lug a lot of stuff around, truth is, my personal stuff fits in the outer pockets of a soft-shell travel cooler, my tools fit in my backpack (total of maybe 15 lbs tops, and the rest of the stuff that makes up the bulk of the weight and mass (cords, books, ect.) always stay in the truck. I usually park along my truck at the beginning/end of my shift and transfer my gear over. Not too much work and lifting as it may seem.

4. lonewolf21

lonewolf21 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Kenora, Ontario
    In addition to most of the stuff mentioned, I also carry several metal hinge type paper clips. Keeps my paperwork tidy, and more than once I have had to straighten out one of the pieces of wire and use it to replace a missing pin on my trailer axle sliders. The wire on these paper clips works terrific for this!

road_runner Thanks this.
  5. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    On me:

-Smartphone
    -Headphones
    -Smokes
    -Lighter
    -Bluetooth headset

In my duffel bag everyday:

-Logbook in a clipboard with a pen and my Comdata bar code taped to the clipboard (I need it to dispatch myself)
    -My scanner (I use it to dispatch and scan freight)
    -Charger for my phone and scanner
    -Aux plug
    -2 pairs of gloves
    -Ski mask
    -2 hats
    -Flashlight
    -Extra pack of smokes
    -2 bottles of water
    -A can of Campbell's soup just in case
    -Extra logbook
    -EZ Pass
    -The orange "Hazmat book", forgot the official name.
    -Lunchbox with napkins and disposable fork
    -Ibuprofren
    -Tire pressure gauge
    -Axe

In my truck at all times:

-All sorts of spare placards
    -Fifth wheel puller

6. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    My poweraide bottle ends up being yellow when I return to homebase

jakebrake12 and CenutryClass Thank this.
  7. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Some of you are way too thorough..lol..

I pretty much show up, get my hooks, and go. I run the same truck that I switch with a day line driver which makes it easier since there's a cb and some tools but my god..lol..

All kidding aside it isn't a bad thing that you're that prepared and specific but it does make me laugh a little. If I have smokes and coffee I'm good - get me rolling back to my terminal by 3 AM and I'm great..

8. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    I don't have a Bluetooth either..lol.. I know I need one but I'm holding out. I can't explain it but I just hate the sight of those things..lol.. I'd still rather make accidental conference calls going down the road with my phone plastered against my ear..lol..

9. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    You know... Back in Iraq when I was doing convoys, my buddy made his point to throw his yellow bottles at the Iraqi kids. So much for winning their hearts and minds. No wonder they always threw rocks at us.

CenutryClass Thanks this.
  10. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    we did the same ####..lol

11. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Did you guys get those Rip-Its? I always loved the sugar-free orange ones. One of our gun truck gunners threw one at one of the kids that was throwing rocks at us. Nailed the little kid right in the head and the can exploded. I always died laughing. BTW, Rip-Its are also part of my packing list now (when I can find them).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.