LTL roll call

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jakebrake12, Oct 15, 2012.

1. justcolorado

justcolorado Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Denver Colorado
    Because I was on the extra board I did everything. Beaver UT Salt Lake City UT and Billings MT. I hated every second of being on the road. I never got enough sleep and it seemed like I was throwing chains everyday. Now the P&D work I do, I know most of my customers and Dispatch treats me well cause they know no matter what nightmare freight they send me out with Ill come back with a empty truck. Once again I like and recommend a career with Reddaway!!!

Big Don Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justcolorado

Jan 13, 2014
    Denver Colorado
    Right out side of Denver. Its where ALL the LTL guys are at. On my street we have Saia, Conway, FedEx MME

4. justcolorado

Jan 13, 2014
    Denver Colorado
    One last thing.... I saw a ABF guy get killed in Limon CO Last week (8/2014) Ran a set of doubles full speed into a OTR truck parked in the right lane of the highway. Couldn't figure out why the OTR guy was parked in the right lane and why the ABF guy never tapped his brakes.

Just wanted to say, Rest in peace ABF brother of the road. My condolences to your family.

Shaggy and Big Don Thank this.
  5. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    ^I use to run sac to Denver 2x a week year round for 4 years last year I left for and started working for a LOL company "American building supply" we have a terminal in Denver somewhere too. We send all of our old trucks there . Usually 8-14 stops Monday through Friday hauling a curtain van step deck. Great pay and job so if anyone is looking for an easy ltl job abs is recommended

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    That is a shame. You always wonder what the cause of something like that is.

7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Good grief, when I lived in Adams County, Henderson was just a tiny little spot on the way to Brighton. (Which was just another small spot, on the way to Greeley.)

Of course Westminster only had about 3000 people. We thought the city was absolutely crazy to annex waaaaaaay out to 120th Ave. (Hwy 287) Guess the powers that be, had a whole lot more foresight than we did, back then. . .

8. LargeAndInCharge

LargeAndInCharge Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Looking to start linehaul with Reddaway In Salt lake city.. Any information on how the extra board works and if this a busy terminal

9. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Aside from a few terminals in Cali, this is by far the biggest one I've been to. Think they run around 75 linehaul guys. Guessing you will probably go to Denver or maybe parts of Montana as a start

LargeAndInCharge Thanks this.
  10. LargeAndInCharge

LargeAndInCharge Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    How do the days off work? I was told you keep running until your 70 is almost up and then you reset. Is that true?

11. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    No. You should have set days off. Mine were Sundays and Mondays. All the SLC guys I interacted with had set days off as well. Not sure about your guy's routes... but I was running 55-65 hours a week. If you run Montana, then the closest terminal is 400 mile drive.... unless they get creative and send you to Billings, Great Falls, or Missoula, then you can tack on another 170 miles. Most the hotels up here are nice.

LargeAndInCharge Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.