Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Sorry Winnyf1, another long winded post.

@ncmickey, I had though that you were one of the members of the 'get within 10 miles and use the skip' club, and since I had posted that it was packed there yesterday, I thought you were talking about using the 10 mile rule. If that wasn't the case, then I mis-spoke. We were 3 deep on the wall and 2 to 3 deep in the center by the sidewalk. And as soon as one got loaded and left, another showed up. They even asked a couple of late appointments to come back. And it was like one of those slide tile puzzles every time one of us had to back in, and even more fun when the Miller truck showed up with another drop trailer of product from the plant. There was no on-site parking allowed yesterday once your were loaded with perhaps the exception of the last couple in line. It was one of those days like @Winnyf1 mentioned.

it's all in how you have your display settings, when I am signed on, it's on page 420. When I am signed off, it's 840.

1st...I mentioned that I had a 5 am delivery in Coppell. The closest place to park was Denton, but with all the major construction going on in that area, the shortest route was 121, but the ramp is closed so it was out and around and come up from 635. Roughly 35-40 minute trip which means I have to start my clock 4ish.

2nd, I need your truck. Mine only goes 63. It was 265 paid miles (pushed to 280 actual) and about half the route from the OK line to Tulsa is on US routes with traffic and redlights. I also mentioned that I had a mess in the trailer, and had to wait in line at the wash out. Plus it was a 3 hour unload in Coppell. And I had OSD issues from some product that looked like it had been leaking since before I picked it up, so I had a delay at Coppell while Ashley found out what they wanted to do with the stuff, then had to find a place to chuck it after they said throw it away. It was between 830 and 9 before I left the DFW area, and with traffic it was 4.5-5 hours to Tulsa. So even before I hit the truck wash it was 1300. The only option I had for a washout was over past the J on the east side because traffic was dead stopped heading over to the Gill's location near the shipper. There was no way to squeeze in an 8 anywhere, and since we had to leave once loaded, there was no finishing a split on site yesterday. As for the road right behind there where it was suggested to park. You mean the one with these signs there
    noparking.jpg

I try not to tempt fate when it comes to expensive company equipment.

I guess you only pay attention to the bad comments I make and scan over the good. I mentioned a few months back that I had thought that the break in period for my engine was complete because I had started seeing major mpg improvements. I believe I even mentioned that it might be enough to offset the low miles I was being provided. My Peoplenet screen, that I reset each month is showing 8 mpg (and this included the 3 or 4 days last week where I idled all night when my APU's a/c died). My LCD display shows that I am 8.6 for this load, and was 8.4 for the last fill up. Pen to paper, I think is in the high 7's since the computers don't calculate for fuel usage by the apu. I think the last couple statistics pages Chad posted showed 7.75 and 7.9 mpg

as for the bucket idea...no ####ing way. I have more self respect and try to project a positive image for my industry. I'll be ###### if I would pinch one off in a bucket on the cat-walk, and I #### sure won't #### in a bucket inside my truck. That is just totally disgusting to even think about. I may be from the south, but I am not some hick redneck #### kicker. I won't even #### in a porta-crapper.

As for Matt's zone, I have met more than one driver, some that were here long before he was in dispatch, that hate dealing with him, and avoid his zone as much as possible. Especially TX and OK.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    I know
    That's kinda where I am
    But at least the living is cheap
    -sigh

4. Rock6531

Rock6531 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    MCAS Cherry Point NC
    Hell no he wouldn't be happy here it's just me plus 1 part time driving a tow truck. I'm happy working for this boss but he is a friend of 20 years sorry but there is no room for SSB

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    @ncmickey, as for the part of your post about not showing how I am doing when Ieave. I may. If it's better, then I will, just to show all the ''grass isn't greener anywhere else" crowd that they are mistaken...if it isn't, you're probably right, I might not show it. Not sure I could deal with all the "I told you so's" right now. I'm just being honest, like usual.

6. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I ain't your enemy SSB. I truly hope you find something better.
    I won't keep responding cause it's like arguing politics. Your opinion is concrete, so is mine. No use trying to get you to see my side. Cause like I said once, you would complain about losing a quarter in a soda machine after finding a dollar on the floor right in front of it. :)
    Just your personality.... I always see the flowers getting watered in a rain storm. Just my personality.
    No use arguing... Let me know if you need a referral for the new company! ;-)
    I know there is greener grass... But our grass is far from yellow... It's pretty ####ing green!! Lol

I like Matt. We get along. I know others don't like the way he answers the phone. But I engage the guy in conversation and always have had a good rapport with him. But honestly, I have that with every dispatcher... Probably goes back to my personality....
    Who dislikes a old salty fisherman??? :)

I like the OK and Tx loads...always decent miles leaving there... And most times toward NC or NJ....

cdavis188, enicolasy, Winnyf1 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    This load that I have is from San Antonio to Portland Oregon. 2157 miles. 41/2 days to get there. Extreme time management running on recaps.

Pigbacon and ncmickey Thank this.
  8. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Thanks a lot for explaining that, It makes more sense now.

Not sure if that's the same spot I parked but it was beside what appeared to be an abandoned building. The cold storage said they had ppl park there all the time and there were cars parked there also.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    There were cars parked down closer to the arena, but no room for something the size of a truck.

10. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Did that load, enjoy and don't forget to reserve parking in Portland. The customer there is really cool

RickyDickyDo and HeavyHauler33 Thank this.
  11. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    How are you all getting these loads going west?
    Seems like all mine go east. Had a few loads going west sll from MN dispatch but that was like 4 months ago. Not complaining cause my miles are good. Left the house Friday morning delivering in Concord 0200 Thursday that will give me about 3300 miles in 6 days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.