Man top sleeper bunk is tiny when your a tall person!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GettingRolling, Jan 12, 2019.

1. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I’ll double down on that. I slip seat at the moment. Usually stay out a few weeks at a time.

I don’t move the truck until my gear is unpacked and put away. Otherwise you spend a week trying to put it all away. And you have to make your bed, tired.

austinmike and TripleSix Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aaronc879

aaronc879 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    That's not what I wanted to hear. I am thinking about getting into trucking but i'm 6'6". I would have to go out with a trainer for 6 weeks. Even if it's 3 weeks then a break then 3 more weeks that's still alot of time to go without a decent nights sleep. I'm only 185 pounds though so that should help a little.

4. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Top bunk uses prison mattresses also. Double whammy.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. aaronc879

aaronc879 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I'm considering getting into trucking because I may not be able to do my manual labor paper factory job after having a total hip replacement at age 38(39 now). It's starting to sound like trucking may not be a good option either.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  6. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    It could be painful during training. You can change mattresses or add a topper once you get your own.

Your hip most certainly might be an issue for you. Just take a quick trip to a truckstop and watch how many drivers walk with a limp. Hip problems abound in this industry.

7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The 579 I had at Magnum was a single, but I saw the trainer's trucks with the double bunk...not sure how 2 grown adults fit in that truck.

I had one of those at Poly, and the only cabinets they had were little ones on the wall behind/above each seat, and a small metal shelf you could strap a TV to behind the passenger seat.

Schoob Thanks this.
  8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    You can put your own mattress in there. Even custom made if you want.
    I have an expensive three inch memory foam over mine. Obscenely comfortable with the factory mattress.

SteerTire Thanks this.
  9. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I’ve done the same with company truck. Ordering custom for my truck. May add foam also if it isn’t as comfortable as I need.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Yes, riding with a trainer is about the hardest time you'll have trucking. It will go by pretty fast.

GettingRolling, Lepton1 and Muddydog79 Thank this.
  11. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Geez!!!!! Trying to move yourself in one bag kitchen included? 35 foot duffle....

can't believe you folks missed that one!!!!:p:rolleyes:

Lepton1 and Schoob Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.