Manual Trucks

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Poonok, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    I'm thinking about going to SNI as a company plebeian. Do they still offer manuals? And if they do are they old buckets or do they buy newer ones? I have driven both their automatic and manuals back in 2013. I been out for a while and wanted to know from anyone who is there now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    Not a lot of manuals left. The ones that are left are driven by the old hands who refuse to give them up and keep them in good shape because they know they'll get an auto next.

The last time I got a manual was a 2013 loaner when my auto clutch blew out.

QuietStorm and gentleroger Thank this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    We have lots of manuals.

We have manuals on how to pretrip.

We have manuals on how to post trip.

On how to scale, make turns, eat, poop, breath - we have manuals for everything. We even have manuals on how to make make the manual that tells you how to make the manual.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    When I left I noticed my old truck was for sale 27570, they sold it I guess because it was s 10 speed, I ran coast to coast in it and was in excellent shape, I’d have bought it but it was sold the day before I called,had 293k miles on it dd13

6. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I absolutely despise automatics, especially the crappy Macks my company is buying in droves and fazing out the older manuals. I’m driving one of the 3 Internationals we have at our terminal, but they have 600,000+ miles on them and it’s only a matter of time before I’m forced to give up the 71 mph solid manual to drive one of those 66 mph weak piles of crap with all the annoying anti-collision and lane exit software...

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Beeeeeeeeppp!!!
    Sorry just getting you used to annoyances, talk to your terminal manager/boss and stress your disappointment with the new trucks, might not do anything but you can have a sit down with them and sometimes that goes a long way, as long as no one speaks up, nothing changes because they think everyone’s happy

8. gimacen

gimacen Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2018

I rarely speak to a driver at the OCs I go through that have anything but a manual transmission. Schneider has been trying to get the fleet fully Auto for longer than you've been away from the company.
    Love my ten speed. Learned on a thirteen and would have that if I ever bought my own.

9. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    I talked to a recruiter, they said by the end of next year they will be fully auto. So i wonder if they are gonna pull people from the manuals that are company and put them in autos.

10. gimacen

gimacen Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2018

Not until they have rotated the manual trucks out of the fleet. Can't do that when they're still buying both Auto and Manual trucks each year.
    Your recruiter was script reading what Schneider wishes they could do to go green with automatic trucks 100%.
    May be happening in certain regions but not as quickly as they want it to. Been saying they'll be 100% by the end if the year every year since 2009.

11. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    I would like a manual but id be afraid it would be a dumpster with wheels.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.