Marker light

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MexTrucka909, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    It is two points for any other light besides head/tail written up as vehicle maintenance.
    And I didn’t tell him to hammer it off, he asked if taking it off would he be legal, the answer is no, the trailer manufacturer would not put it on if it isn’t required.
    And I said, “so if” meaning he could, not “go do it”

Notice the old rule, I thought was a good one, if it’s there, it needs to work, that attachment stated 2 points for auxiliary lights

MexTrucka909 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    “The manufacturer would not put a light there if it wasn’t required”

Incorrect. Read the regulations. They tell you exactly where the required lights are supposed to be.

Do you know mid trailer turn signals are not a requirement? Yet most manufacturers install them from the factory.

RustyChops41 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Guidance straight from the FMCSA. Non required lights are not required to work.
    D372077B-EFF5-40C7-A4FF-D3B989F030C9.png

5. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    That's a logical assumption to make, but it is inaccurate. I tow a Reitnouer. Reitnouers have 6 tailights. Now I can't find proof that trailers even need 4, but very few trailers have 6, so those 2 more than the vast majority of trailers are not mandated, so they are unnecessary, yet the trailer manufacturer put them on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.