Marten Driver (currently)

Discussion in 'Marten' started by Skogie, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yeah, I haven't really worked with bank on any full sized loans like that yet, but I've done some preliminary stuff and that's how I found this out.

It was from the W2 that they took my gross and ignored my net. It was explained, and the loan officer nodded his head and said something along the lines of, "I see exactly what they're doing, but it doesn't make a difference as far as what I'm allowed to do according to bank policy."

That's probably going to be one of the longest lasting effects of the Great Recession: highly reluctant lending.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Wonder what happened to the people in saftey...did they lay them off? I haven't received any QC messages about the logs in over a month, and when I call I just get a message to leave my phone number. They used to always answer. Did they go automated now?

4. Reverend Falstaff

Reverend Falstaff Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Every time I go somewhere and hear "I understand xxxxx, but it's against (insert company) policy.", I know I'm dealing with a robot. Or someone who works at a assembly line type company...bank in this case.

You're right, some of it might be a result of the economic situation; and of course not knowing where you tried, you might want to try a bank that does what's called manual underwriting of mortgages. There the loan officers look at all the relevant info (total income, expenses, debt load, etc.) without using some formula. Usually it's a smaller, neighborhood type bank or credit union. I listen to a guy named Dave Ramsey on the radio (daveramsey.com). He's a money guy and endorses a company called Churchill Mortgage that does that.

5. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Rosemary and Mary were both 'let go' Both had been there 20-25 years.
    Marten is cleaning house in every dept, so they can bring new people in, and pay them cheaper. I guess now that we are almost all elogs, they think we don't need anybody to look over logs and let us know if we made a mistake, or have questons about them.

Have also heard a couple of Long time dispatchers were let go.

rachi Thanks this.
  6. Reverend Falstaff

Sep 15, 2009
    Great...out with the old, in with the incompetent. Getting a little tired of explaining the rules of the industry they're starting to work in.

7. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    have any of you been to con agra in troy,oh? Man, that place is slow. I was in the dock for 4 hours getting loaded. Finally the guy comes out with the seal at 1am and Im thinking ok now I can get outta here. I pull the truck up and put on the seal, then park off to the side. I then walk into the office to get the paperwork and Im told it will be an hour till its avaliable cause of a shift change. Im thinking this is bull s###. Its 2am when I get the Bol, and then I head on down the road, tired as all can be. I was there a year earlier and they pulled the same crap on me.

8. Reverend Falstaff

Sep 15, 2009

And the next thing to go will be detention pay.

9. skibum_63

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    What detention pay? Ya Marten says it's up to the customer to pay it.
    I'm thinking Marten does get it, and rather pay it out to the driver, they pocket it. To'pad the bottom line and qaurterly reports

10. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yeah, detention will never officially go, but it's getting tougher to get it.

I was detained for 10 hours the other day by a customer that had broken down equipment that kept them from getting at my freight.

I marked my arrival and release times on the bills, then noted that the shipper refused to sign off on it (all company policy to the letter), and after I scanned the trip got a message that said detention pay was denied because detention depended on the driver's paperwork.

I called, and was told that it was up to payroll once they processed the paperwork to see if I did what I was supposed to...I did, and I have yet to see a dime of the money.

I'm not mad. I've stopped being mad, it's bad for my health...but it's another notch in the belt.

PS- I'll make sure to post if I ever do see the money. It's not quite fair to kvetch about it now, get it later, and not own up to it.

11. skibum_63

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    I always write , shipper/ recievr refused to sign bols with correct times.
    Have gotten detention a few times with that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.