1. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Anyone on here use Maven as their ELD?

I'm attempting to train the drivers on these units and am falling a bit short. I'm watching the videos and am going to have them do the same. I'm worried because they just went on the first long trip and it did not go so well. I acknowledge that it is my fault since I haven't taken enough time with them and the training. Here soon, one of the drivers and myself will be doing a test drive to see what all he understands and what I can help with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    The company I am driving with uses maven as their ELD.
    Some tips I've figured out over the months.. 1st, be sure to put yourself on drive, don't rely on the maven to do so.. the automatic duty status change doesn't always work.
    2nd, when you go to enter the BOL and trailer information into the dayily log, enter the numbers you want in the corsponding field, then hit space.. it will put that number in the log and you can add more than one if you need to.
    That's all I can think of for maven spacifically. If you were wondering about something else, ask and I'll tell you what I know.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  4. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    That's perfect. I trained 2 drivers this morning and made sure to let them know. As they come up with issues or questions, I will reach out. Being so new to it, it is just a bit confusing and hard to know what is what. Thanks so much!

5. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    I frogot to say as well. You may want to manually record the odometer milage and compare that against the mileage in the maven log.. mine tends to be inaccurate so I have to manually input my milage so that it's correct.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  6. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    Not a bad idea at all!

7. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    We use Maven with Samsung pads, and one thing that can be a nightmare if you don’t know about it is that as the cache fills up, the app slows down and eventually stops functioning entirely. There’s a simple fix, you open up the Android settings, go to Apps, click on Maven Machines, click on Storage, and click on Clear Cache.

8. stugats

stugats Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2013
    good info, I'll skip maven in my search to replace vdo

9. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    I try to avoid doing that personally. Because when I do so, I ussually end up trading one set of issues for another. Last time I cleared data it deleted all of my logs on the Samsung tablet.. even the already certified ones.

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  10. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Oh, and speaking of wrong mileage. My average speed was apperantly 260 MPH according to the maven, so my trucks ready for a drag race lol.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.