Maverick Agility Test

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Smitty3407, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Smitty3407

Smitty3407 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Hey everyone,

I have a question hopefully someone can answer for me about Maverick Agility test. I've done the search for threads and all info I have found is from a few years ago. What is Maverick Agility test like? My particulate interest is the tarp test? I've read you have to lift a tarp from the ground to the trailer and some say the trap is 65lbs. some say 125lbs. any info on this? I just want to be prepared and not walk in and have a surprise. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Tarps for me is just like handling either a Horse breeding farm bag of feed from silo which is higher than you are and weights more than you do. Rollup a big solid tarp and you got yourself a very heavy one, I think roughly 90 to 110 pounds. It has to go up on the deck from the side box which is a good lift for you. Sometimes you need TWO tarps if not more.

USUALLY on the job a forklift will toss the tarps up top so you don't get hurt Going up the bulkhead ladder with it on your shoulder.

Those are one reason I don't have a spine anymore. Just one of many.

Eat a good steak and egg breakfast backed with green etc a few hours early with fluids. By the time it's time you do that test, your body should be fueled and ready to do some lifting.

I eliminated most of the tarp problems by going with a covered wagon. Generally the tarp stays where it's put until it's secured.

Smitty3407 Thanks this.
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Did you call Maverick and ask them?

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    yup, you have to lift from side box, to deck, and there's also dragging the tarp with a rope.

If you're doing glass, you have to do another test. Climb up a ladder with a tarp on your shoulder to put it on top of the A-Frame. If you're not used to it, it's tough. I got used to it since some crane operation won't lift it up for you or are too busy. I don't think they will fail you with glass, they will give you many tries until you do it once.

Smitty3407 Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive hauled glass out of Lexington Ky dedicated to GM Baltimore all we had was a special custom curtainsider. Curtains on both sides with a then new Volvo E intergrated sleeper and big kitty plus full airride and steel body. Which I think was really good for the winter mountain work we did to and fro that one winter.

Smitty3407 Thanks this.
  7. Smitty3407

Smitty3407 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2019
    I tried asking a recruiter but they told me they weren't sure about that part.

8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Try EW Wylie. Awesome company

9. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I used to be a dispatcher there. Before my time there they used to have new hire office staff do the agility test too. I would pay money to see that.

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Used to be that you had to get a lumber tarp from the ground to the trailer deck twice. You can use just about any methods you want. The thing they are looking for is form. Are you going to injure yourself while doing the work. It also establishes a base line, should you get injured on the job, rehab will be to or as close as possible to that level. The tarp weight will depend on the grade, average is about 90 lbs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.