mavrick flatbedders

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by night crarwler, Feb 12, 2015.

1. night crarwler

night crarwler Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2015
    wondering if any 1 can give me some advice and or some insight into mavricks flatbedders weather it be glass or flatbed was looking into company ?? thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danvitt

Danvitt Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    Well, here's my notes so far.

• Maverick transportation

• 38 to .44 starting pay - .02 after 6 months
    • $550 a week during finishing training , orientation 500. $800 grad bonus
    • Out 12 to 14 days. Home every other weekend
    • Rider program.. Family yes, pets no
    • Governor- 65-70
    • Training- Little rock, arkansas
    • Where- all 48 states + canada

night crarwler Thanks this.
  4. kmoore2min

kmoore2min Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    I'm a Maverick glass hauler, though as glass you'll basically haul everything: glass, steel, lumber, etc (though it will mostly be glass). No matter what you haul, you'll get paid glass rates, which are quite a bit higher than flatbed. Glass starts out now at 45c/mi and then you'll get a 2c/mi "bonus" to make it somewhat fair for you since it takes a full quarter driving on your own to get the performance bonus. That bonus can be upto 6c/mi. Generally, glass stays out longer than flatbed. Glass will stay out 2+ weeks, but you can get a 2-3 full day weekend, just say when you want to be home and when you want to go out. I would stay out for a month and stay home for about 5 days or so. Flatbedders are home almost every weekend, though hometime can be anywhere from 24 hrs to 48 (though usually closer to the 34 hr range). If you want to be home more often than go flatbed. If you prefer to have more say in how much hometime you get, though it'll be less often, go glass. I went glass because I can make really good money in glass. That being said, if you want to stay out longer than a week in flatbed, there's not an issue with that. You can technically stay out forever if you want. This company will try to get you home when you want it. It doesn't always work out that way, but it does most of the time. I know they flew a few guys home for Christmas on company's dime because they were too far from home. Good company in my opinion.

night crarwler and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  5. Danvitt

Danvitt Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    How long have you been working for them?

6. night crarwler

night crarwler Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2015
    thanks kmoore... any addl info you can think of just starting out how do they treat their new guys ... I relize I have to be on road more ... reading your profile says 8 yrs is that with company or driving

7. kmoore2min

Jan 23, 2015
    3 years in April.

8. srtpukie

srtpukie Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Grosse Ile, MI
    I am also looking at applying at Maverick and this thread has really helped me. I am really interested in going flat bed when I finish my CDL training in March and Maverick is one of the companies that I am looking at.

9. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Do they require hazmat? Any down down time or they keep you running

night crarwler Thanks this.
  10. kmoore2min

Jan 23, 2015
    No hazmat required at Mav. You can run really hard for most of the year. The week from Christmas to New years is usually slower because of holiday stuff, but that's the only awkward time.

w.h.o Thanks this.
  11. sauteedog

sauteedog Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Cleveland, GA
    I begin orientation on February 22nd and will be in the flatbed division. Home most weekends and the company seems to have a great training program. I retired from the military and spent the last several months researching companies. Came down to Maverick, TMC, and McElroy. I went with Maverick bc the recruiters seemed very honest and upfront. JimtheHut has an excellent thread on Maverick.

TokyoJoe and JimTheHut Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.