May trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ATKS, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ATKS

ATKS Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    May talks a big game and that’s all they do is play games and drivers. They do not have APUs, I don’t care what the recruiter tells you. They don’t. Their inverters are a joke cuz you wake up with absolutely no power in the cab except the bunk heater. Sure they’ll train you. Put you in a truck with someone who only has 3 months driving experience, and that’s total experience not just with that company. They will rush you off your trainers truck, they push people to mentor, you do a lot of work they don’t pay you for. Right now it’s .38 cents per mile. They don’t pay for all the drop and hooks you do and you don’t find out about that until you do it. By then it’s too late and they don’t negotiate. They lie lie lie and are also one of the top 3 companies in the country that gets sued every year by drivers. The recruiter will tell you one thing then you get to orientation and it’s totally different. Seriously save yourself and stay away. Bunch of power trips by people thinking they can swing their junk around and treat you like crap. I am a female , had a male mentor who tried relentlessly to sleep with me. Grapevine gossip like a bunch of school girls then they act like they know nothing. This company is a complete joke. Don’t believe anything they tell you. Don’t believe the hype

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Just curious what's the source of that statistic?

Upinsmoke and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I went to their orientation and left after the first day due to the disgusting drivers lounge and rude, ego tripping employees in the new orientation dept.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hope you find something better ATKS
    .....it's so important to read up on these trucking companies before you take a chance on them.

snowlauncher and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I went through an orientation with someone who had just quit them. They called him constantly trying to get him to come back. He finally had to block their number.

SteerTire and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  7. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Oh man I am just waiting for thread police to come and blame everything on ATKS.

scott180, omaharj and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  8. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Which terminal were you out of?? #### they ain't that bad in my experience.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Hot Springs, AR
    May Trucking, the company, is a pretty sleazy outfit. Your experience with them, however, can be alright if you get a good DM and work out of the right terminal.

Each of their terminals are almost their own company within the company. I worked out of Pensacola and never had any issues.

- I was never charged for idling.

- I always got paid for everything I did, but I had good office peeps. That said, the OP isn’t the first person I’ve heard say they didn’t always get their pay right. Only thing I can figure is they had bad DMs that weren’t taking care of them because that’s who gets you the extra pay you’re supposed to get for extra work.

- No one ever pushed me to train. I did train every once in awhile (literally one or two students a year).

- They do try to get students off the trainer truck in 2 or 3 weeks, but only if the trainer says they’re ready. Personally, I think that’s too soon for most students.

I did have one that got off my truck in two weeks. But, he was a former driver coming back after a few year layoff. He shouldn’t have been on a trainer truck to begin with.

- Their yards and driver facilities are absolutely crap holes. They’re what I would imagine a a homeless shelter would look like.

Bottom line they worked good for me at the time because the terminal was 30 minutes from my house, the terminal manager and my DM were always good to me and I made pretty good money.

And, I did get paid for everything I did.

10. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I done the same with Crete lol

Very much loved company within this forum, that fails to honor its word.

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    the rookies will learn sooner or later
    DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!!!
    ....here's a riddle
    This company has their equipment custom made with Mack , the driver starts out at 62cpm /$24.92 hrly , home every day or one night out. ( never sleeps in truck stops ) average driver clears 90k / 100k per yr.
    Full healthcare coverage , OT after 8
    Rated as : highest safety standards in the trucking industry , slowest driver turn over rate in the trucking industry
    .....what trucking company is this ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted