May Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Me55, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I never put that app on my phone. But, you’re right. I never saw any “bonus” either. The only thing I got was great long haul loads, most of which were drop and hook, and new trucks. And, as long as I took reasonable routes, no one pestered me about those pesky “fuel solutions”. My DM would just ask me where I was planning on stopping.

And, I took off 7-9 days when I went home. I never adhered to that 1 day for every week out b.s. But again, I had a great terminal manager and DM that understood and appreciated what a good driver can do for their terminal’s numbers.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why Brooks can’t figure out that life would be much better for them if they’d recognize and go out of their way to retain their good drivers.

Oh well, I couldn’t care less now days. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    If yes forgot about that 50 gallons of fuel at the TA and then stopping somehwere un Wyoning to get 100 gallons more. Yes it really amazes me how these companies get away with it..guess why that's all the foreigners are coming in to trucking..there are used to indentured servitude. I am taking a break from trucking right now..I think I will be back but trying to figure out where to go from here..some of these salary OTR companies may be on to something.

4. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    @Frankspeak as always you are right on. May had some good points like longer runs and pretty routes at times, nice trucks and trailers, a good shop and office staff, but like you say, it would seem to be in their better interest cost and liability wise to retain drivers. Maybe they save money keeping new ones? I dunno and dont really care anymore anyway..just pisses me off how these companies can legally get away with literally NOT paying drivers. They always got fresh fish coming in so there we are.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I remember Coors in Golden because that was the load I had when I blew a steer tire after chaining going over Donner Pass on my way to So. SF. Did a right oblique all the way to the shoulder at 60mph just before the Lincoln ext. If I would of been in the granny lane I would of wrecked due to lack of time to get straightened out. Turns out I caught a chain link buried in the snow..
    But I remembered accelerate, control, then slow down gradually from a UPS safety video.

jon69, smokey12 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    With 14 years under your belt, why were you even at that company?

smokey12 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Everywhere I looked companies wanted 6mos in last yr & I had taken 9mos off. So since I wasn't going to work for a company outside of the NW, May was my 6mo plan to get hired elsewhere because they said pass are enhanced road test & your hired. Should of pounded pavement but I was lazy & took the path of least resistance. I had a calendar at May & marked off my 6mos like I was doing time in prison.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I took over a year off, let my CDL lapse and found a kick ### job that hired me on a permit and let me go test on one of their trucks. Did you only look at mega type companies?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.