Maybe instead of posting who's bad, easier to say who's good?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DaZeDnCoNfuSeD, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    The resident optimist speaks....

sealevel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Faintestidea

Faintestidea Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Medina OH
    Now what if, like in my case, I currently have a job that pays crap and I look at trucking as a better way out than where I am? I mean I wouldn't be able to go to Kohl's and start out making what I hope I will in trucking Not condemning your statement, but in my case it's a better option, even with all the crap I'm supposed to deal with in trucking according to most people on here

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I’m the best, no doubt about it.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    The opinions you are reading only amount to less than 1% of the drivers out there so there are many drivers who are very happy with the trucking job they have. Some of the ones complaining would complain if you hung them with a new rope.
    Now this just happens to be "MY" opinion!

Lab work Thanks this.
  6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    The only reason to drive OTR these days is to travel around for free or get experience for local work. Your income is limited by e-logs & corporate throttling. The tech in the trucks allows for intrusive micromngmt. The parking situation gets worse everyday. Many of your fellow drivers are complete a-holes who care about no-one but themselves. The median income is unchanged in 2 decades. And on & on.

If it is just a money issue look to a local career in trucking where some will train you for free nowdays And start you off at $18- $20 an hr, instead of paying 5k to work 70hrs a week for 45K or $14.25 per hr.
    Very few OTR drivers will break down what they make per hour in a pay by piece rate industry. They will give you a weekly, monthly , yearly gross. The hrs are crazy for what you are paid in most segments of OTR trucking. My hrly rate at my last OTR job with 25+yrs experience & millions of miles was an effective hourly rate of $17.95 per hr . The only bonus was I paid half the taxes of a local driver because of perdiem deductions.

People live in their trucks & can save money on bills but sooner or later most will want a home. Try paying a mortgage on a place you will Occupy less then 2 months a year. OTR has become an occupation of last resort, and very few that make it past year 1 will ever get a real raise for all their hard work.
    If I work the same hrs local as I did OTR, I would be making 100k+ a year. The OTR carriers fight hard to keep their FLSA exempt status so they can rake in the profits of your time for free. There are no good OTR carriers, only degrees of bad.

7. Milr72

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    Only because I've retired and am no longer driving!

8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Did you dress to impress, including cape, a nice widow’s peak, and a smoking necklace that left all the wormins gasping for air?

Could you change forms at will?

Did you have teeth that was the pride of your dentist’s office?

Could offload using telepathy?

No? Then you weren’t the best.

*sticking tongue out in your general direction*

:)

mjd4277, Lonesome and Milr72 Thank this.
  9. Milr72

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    You're but I was still better!

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    There was never any doubt in anyone's mind, Frank.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Yup. I've been presented with some ridiculous terms with a straight face that then watches my hind end going out the door. Likewise when things are misrepresented and then they act surprised that you're not happy when you find out.

The more you try to hurry to please an alpha hotel the more they'll shoo you along. If you aren't shoo-able they back off. Find your feet and stand on them.

Faintestidea Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.