MCT Transportation

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Nbryant4, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Nbryant4

Nbryant4 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    hello all

This post is mainly to inform others about MCT Transportation and what to expect if going to orientation.

•MCT (Midwest Coast Transport) is a medium size company. They have a mix ratio of O/O and company drivers so if you're looking to lease your truck though them you can.

•They do mostly refrigerated loads, dry loads, and plant loads that service all 48 states so you will get a chance to travel.

•most of their loads are 650+ but that doesn't mean every load you get will be 650+ so don't bank on that every time you get a pre plan.

•All their trucks have APU with a power invertor & all their trucks are automatic. (Trucks are set at 65).

•For drivers fresh out of cdl school, you will go to orentation in Atlanta at their terminal and you will stay at the eco lounge. The rooms are double booked and non smoking and orientation lasts 3 days following MCT advanced training program.

•You will go out with a trainer for 3-4 weeks until you get 7500 to 10000 miles under your belt or whenever he/she decides that you're ready.

• Whichever yard you're close to, you will head to either Atlanta,GA , Elm Springs,AR, Or Sioux Falls, SD to test out and get your truck.

Pros:

•They will pay for all your meals during orientation except breakfast which hotel provides(still bring money)
    •laid back company.
    •Paid tuition

Cons

• Don't be surprised if your truck breaks down a lot. (Nothing against the mechanics just older international pro stars).
    •No "regional runs"
    • avg miles will be around 1800-2400 depending on how hard you run.

My POV:

The company itself isn't a bad place to start. Like every other company there are going to be flaws but you have to work around it to get your experience. Hope that sums up most of everything about the company. Leave questions below and I will try to respond quickly as I can.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You posted "paid tuition", do they have their own cdl school?

4. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I tried them under a fleet owner Wood Trucking that is now out of business. MCT was okay I guess. Seemed like lots of KRAFT food DCs.

5. Nbryant4

Nbryant4 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    @Chinatown They used to but you would have to go to one of their approved cdl schools.

@VIDEODROME yeah most of their freight is mainly kraft and 3M

born&raisedintheusa and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. san00

san00 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    What is their hometime and what region do they run?

7. Nbryant4

Nbryant4 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    @san00 like I said in my post they don't run no "regional" but there is an exception. if you stay around the Chicago area you will run the Midwest( hence the name Midwest coast transport) but you would have to stay somewhere near their terminal to be consider regional. 9 times out of 10 they will have you go otr.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do they still have that terminal in Idaho?

9. Nbryant4

Nbryant4 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    @Chinatown to my knowledge no. They might have some kind of dropyard there but I don't believe that there is a terminal there.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It was an old Willis Shaw Express (WSE) terminal. MCT used to be Willis Shaw Express (WSE).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.