Mercer application still processing

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Dec 21, 2015.

1. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Was curious to know how the whole application deal works with mercer and I would like to know how critical they were when it came to that PSP crap?....make a long story short I was one of the few that didn't take heed to that whole new deal where you have to manually update your medical card with the state. Fast forward a few months I get shut down in KY for license being suspended because I failed to update my "up to date" medical card with the state. (Had absolutely no idea my license was suspended btw)
    Not to continue to go off topic but was curious to know about their screening as I have talked to the contractor relations guy an according to him all he is needing from me now are 4 pics of my truck & trailer, 2290, an LLC articles an copy of my title.
    I guess what I'm beating around the bush to say is if he's needing all of that is it safe to say everything else with my application checked out ok or do they need all of my info in its entirety before they can run everything?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Your probably OK. That's all stuff you should have handy, just send it in. I'm pretty sure that I had been told I was good to go when they asked for that stuff.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  4. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Yea all the preliminary things were sent in weeks ago...an Chris emailed me a few days ago an was like you're good to go all we need is the things stated above an we will submit it to whomever. So in the back of my mind I was wondering did they overlook the suspension or was it just not that big of a deal to them?
    thanks for the info!

5. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    A suspension for a none verified med card and one for not paying tickets would be looked at differently. I wouldn't worry.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    S o the email was a few days ago, have you sent it in yet?

7. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Didn't send it in yet as I am still on the road. Won't be home until tomorrow ....basically just put the question out there to see if I was wasting mine & their time as well by having that suspension

8. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Its never a waste of time if that's who you want to work with. Its part of their job and if they weren't interested, you wouldn't hear from them. For you, its worth a shot even you know full well you don't meet some certain qualification.

A little story. When I first started as an O/O I knew exactly where I wanted to lease on to, but I didn't meet their qualifications in any way, shape or form. I still called and talked to their recruiter/safety guy (small 60 truck O/O carrier). My truck was leased to them by the previous owner. I had to lease somewhere else to get experience, etc. I went through 2 carriers pretty quick and was getting screwed pretty hard by the 2nd one, but I kept the communication going with preferred company. I was on the phone one day with the recruiter/safety guy and he started asking questions about my pay per mile, short miles vs practical etc. Before the conversation was over, he wanted me to fill out another app (I'm assuming the original had been tossed). I reminded him that I didn't met their qualifications..his words "yeah, but we gotta get your ### out of that mess, you'll go broke!". That was the start of very good business relationship.

Find the company you want to work with. Do what you gotta do, but never, ever give up! Don't doubt yourself. They havs an ample supply of idiots that they would love to replace with a good worker. Every company does.

rachi and jacquesi23 Thank this.
  9. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    Your probably dealing with the same fool I dealt with awhile back.
    He has some nick name I can't remembered. HE is very proud of himself LOL and his name.

He put me thru the rigamaru while I was applying also...asking for a million and one things.....

And then when I would give him all he asked for he would come back and say he forgot something and ask again for sht.

I finally started quizzing him about this trailer they wanted me to buy and how their system works etc. Money, freight..etc.

He had ZERO answers. Just kept babbling about how they are a great place and Im lucky I am approved etc.
    But never gave me any real information about my questions.

Finally he asked me to write a letter to his saftey dept about why I took 4 months off in the summer and didn't run my truck.

I explained to him I am a grown man and made enough in the oil fields that when I came home I did what ever I wanted and thats that.
    He didn't like that and hemmed and hayyed about my answer and I finally told him he is an idiot and I am not writing some note for myself explaining myself to anyone.

LOL
    He said my comments were aggressive and rude in nature and that I will not be hired LOL
    I once again explained to him how I do not what to work for fools like him LOL
    That was the end of that HAHA

Guys was a pure idiot! Seriously. A indian over the ph from gandi land would of better helped me then this fool.

SO....to answer your question. NO...I would not assume you are hired. I would wait till your pulling their trailer with a load you got from them and then you can say your hired...

Until then, be careful....These fools will retract their word faster then a donkey retracts his junk after he did a show in mexico on a Friday night.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  10. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Things is...I have my own truck an trailer so I'm not so much as worried about being placed on a waiting list.
    My thing was just not having to go thru the ringer with everything only to find out they haven't even ran my application yet.
    I made it very clear about my suspension yet he's still telling me I'm good an all he needs is the other documents he asked for an he was gonna send it up top for approval. So we'll see..

Won't hurt to just submit it I guess

11. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    You apparently don't know that any gaps in employment have to have an explanation, all time in last ten years has to be accounted for, thats federal rules for driver qualification file. Your post clearly shows the recruiter was correct in his assessment. And they didn't WANT you to buy a trailer , you didn't have a trailer, so they would make one available. You must not realize how your own post shows what a off the wall character you have.

CJndaTruck and spyder7723 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.