Mercer application still processing

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Dec 21, 2015.

1. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    image.jpeg Get to take this bad boy back to sunny Florida. Of course it was one of those "it's trucking" days. Window to pick this load up was 8:00-16:00 so I get there round 11:00 and kid says it won't be ready until after 15:00 which in turn I didn't leave until 19:00. The owner of the place asked me if I was gonna make it home for Christmas so I told him yea this load is going home. After about 6 hours he was apologizing for the delay and said he was trying to get his guys to hurry up and finish the product that I was getting. I told him no biggie and he said he felt bad but I told him its trucking so I expect the unexpected and I guess he liked my attitude or really felt sorry for me because he was trying to buy me dinner for the delay. I thought that was pretty cool.

mtoo and Razorwyr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    good attitude

4. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    A good attitude gets you much further. I don't understand people who are angry all the time and rude to customers. I mean, this is trucking and I think Murphy came up with his law just for us. If people just stopped and used their heads for a minute, they would realize it's far better to drop the attitude. I don't know how many times it's gotten me out of a ticket as well. Seriously though, if a customer is taking awhile, what makes people think yelling at them will speed things up. If anything, it will likely slow things down even more. If it irritates you, understandable, call your buddy from in your truck and ##### to him.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  5. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    I was just picking on you about coming along and straightening him out. He was pretty Self Explanatory!!! Lol

6. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    I made it home and I've managed to miss all the bad weather. An advantage to living in Phoenix I guess. I hope everyone gets to enjoy the holidays, I know I am.

BTW this thread has been...... Entertaining to say the least. LOL

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  7. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    How you liking the new truck so far?

8. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I just couldn't go thru. Life being miserable like that, sad part is many never realize where the real cause lies.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  9. CJndaTruck

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Well it's got about 3k miles on it so far. At first I didn't believe they set it up right. She was slower off the line than my million mile truck and didn't seem to be able to pull a load over an ant hill. I also discovered she was governed from the factory at 67. Went to a dealer and had the limiter removed and made them prove to me the ECU was set at 505hp. She was set at 506 so I have just been continuing with the breaking in of the motor. Finally yesterday she started pulling like a beast. I found myself doing 80 uphill and loaded. Oops. Lol. I love the ride and how quite it is. But there is a little rattle in the headliner. Sounds like a coax or something bouncing around. Outside of that and now that she is starting to pull like I expected I couldn't be happier.

Oscar the KW Thanks this.
  10. CJndaTruck

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Oh and my CB doesn't fit in the box. I had to have them put a mount on the dash where my GPS was suppose to go. Guess if you have anything bigger then a standard cobra that's your only option. Minor annoyance.

11. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    There's a lot of wires just sitting on that upper console, get some zip ties and those little self adhesive backed deals and go to town. There's a few up there from the factory, but they're a little stingy with them IMO.

The power and mileage will come up more on it, I have 31,000 on mine and it just keeps getting better.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.