Mercer orientation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Jan 5, 2016.

1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Its not arrogance, its fact. Many times people find that a place just isn't a fit . sometimes a place that might seem to be. Perfect, turns out not to be. Its hard to figureout at times. But there are times that some things are apparent beforehand. . to me, it has some warning signs. If everything is taken into account, its not unreasonable to perhaps see that. It has proven itself out many times here. Fred, like I said, that was my opinion.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009

You're right, sometimes people find a place isn't a fit, usually after they have been there though! Your saying you're able to predict his fate based on your 5 years and 1 comment from him, did you predict yourself wanting to quit? Do you predict I'd still be here, and that some members of your click wouldn't be? You can't make a judgment call on whether someone is a fit based on a couple posts, & it's my opinion that it's arrogant to do so.

Now for what really happened-
    You saw his post questioning why he was being asked for a clearance from Mercer, a logical question IMO. For whatever reason, you took that as him being mad at Mercer, and declared him combative & unfit. One post and you decided that! Then he explained to you that he wasn't mad, and instead of you saying "my bad I misread that situation", you doubled down! Then your buddy chimes in and says, "I hadn't thought of it in such simple terms but it's very accurate."

Look Gene I made my comment to him, to let him know that nobody on TTR can make the decision as to whether he's a fit or not! Why I chimed in is simple, it might be your opinion, but it's not your decision!

Arrogant - having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities!

Allan M, Klleetrucking and nofilter Thank this.
  4. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Listen , Fred . I gave an opinion, and it was from more than one post. It was also a bit more than the comment about the knee replacement. Also, I never wanted to quit, I got mad once for a 2 hour period, but was a fleeting thought. And I don't know which members of my clique are no longer here. All the folks I regularly converse with on here and meet up with from here are still here. And as far as you still being here, who knows why. But tell you what ,you say you met me when you and Jeremy were at orientation, I dont recall that. But I dont know you enough to be on a first name basis. But when folks put things on open forum, they are bound to get opinions, you seem to think you discovered something by knowing my. Name. Its no big deal actually, its gene mccook, you are fred and wolfhound is Jeremy.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. vangtransport

Apr 14, 2009
    From your post 10:50 am today!!
    We aren't on a first name basis, so you keep it that way and I'll keep it that way!

6. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Hey, you sent the friend request, I guess you two patched thing up?

7. vangtransport

Apr 14, 2009
    You think he doesn't know I told you? Let him on here, he'll tell you I deleted him and told you what he did. Me and him are friends, it was a bad joke on his part, I got over it. Now what?

8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Do you two need a room?

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  9. vangtransport

Apr 14, 2009
    Who?

10. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Nope, put him on ignore. Should have done it long ago.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  11. nofilter

nofilter Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    WA
    As much as I love to read all the Drama...and Dang! this was a really entertaining one, I have had my share of battles on here, mostly with Skateboardman, and as fun as that was, Sometimes we must get back to the subject at hand.
    I am looking into Mercer, may move in the next few months and I am reading up on it everything I can find, so.....
    I am reminding you this post is about "MERCER Orientation"
    Give me the scoop! no more poop! lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.