Mercer orientation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Jan 5, 2016.

1. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    It has absolutely nothing to do with "effort", Mercer doesn't have the freight right now on the west coast, which is why CJ said he isn't over there, as he stated in post #192. So move along with that man in the mirror garbage!!

nofilter Thanks this.
  2. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

Yes is slow there now, and at other times is slow on the east coast and midwest. Does that mean we dont have good freight in the midwest and east coast? Of course not.

nofilter Thanks this.
  3. vangtransport

Apr 14, 2009
    "Slow" is a lot different than, "you can make a killing". It's the poster's lively hood you're playing with, & the poster asked for a reason, a little honesty doesn't hurt. What's funny is you called these west coast loads "trap loads", because of the sitting when you get there, now all of a sudden Mercer has great freight over there, seriously what are you getting out of BSing the guy?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Reason for edit: Fix some spelling. :)
    nofilter Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    For a new guy that's broke and knows next to nothing. it is a trap load to go from east to west. For a guy that knows what he is doing, it can be a pot of gold.

where i said cj makes a killing there was in response to your implication we never have good freight out west. The west coast is no different than any other region, you got to know how to work it to your advantage. Example:almost everyone says florida is a dead market. But somehow i manage to do just fine down here. Good money can be made anywhere, some places just take more effort to figure out how.

nofilter Thanks this.
  5. vangtransport

Apr 14, 2009
    I wasn't implying there isn't good freight there, I out right said there isn't, because there isn't right now. So I guess how it goes is, we all tell him we have all this great freight on the west coast, then when he's sitting in the truck stop blowing up TTR we all come on and say "You gotta work the system", and "You shouldn't fall for those trap loads".

nofilter and Klleetrucking Thank this.
  6. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    I did well on the west coast when I was with Mercer, well enough I'm fixing to come back. Cant speak for now, but it should be fixing to fire off out there.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Yep but some folks think that because they can't immidiately load an hour after getting empty, 10 miles deadhead with a 5k lb no tarp load going all the way across the country @3 bucks a mile it means we have no freight.

larry2903 and nofilter Thank this.
  8. vangtransport

Apr 14, 2009
    Maybe some people actually open the contractor web and see there isn't much freight on the west coast right now. Would you like to open the CW and count the number of actual loads for me, maybe I counted them wrong! Again, if it was so great running the west coast right now your buddy would be over there running it. Here is his quote, seeing as you didn't read it, "like I said it's a little slower then norm and rates are down so I'm running east right now."
    Next time take a deep breath and read what I said before you assume I'm "Mercer Bashing".

nofilter Thanks this.
  9. vangtransport

Apr 14, 2009
    If you think someone is bashing Mercer by saying Florida is dead, you would respond with something like below!

The funny thing is, you can't remember what you said one day to the next, read below!

Maybe you're finding FL slow because you're only looking for those loads paying $3/mile, no tarp, no deadhead, and weighing under 5K? Or maybe, just maybe, FL is slow right now, kinda like the west coast is!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Reason for edit: To add
    nofilter Thanks this.
  10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Yes it was slow these last two weeks. That doesn't mean it's always slow. I look at things with a long view. And i also know its February, the worse month for freight. If a guy asks about mercer, landstar, bennett or any other good company I'm going to respond with a long view opinion, not a short view.

nofilter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.