Mercer Pay

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by csettles85, Aug 20, 2015.

1. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Best engine is a Detroit 12.7 lol. Glider kit will make u money:p Less break downs and some of them are seeing high 9 MPG and they cost same as a new truck. u can get a used one for 75,000 lol

4. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Taxihacker I didn't get it. Well I did but after 3 months of trying to get a tag I turned it back in and went to regions bank and bought a truck. My carriers HQ I'd in Alabama. They changed laws so you have to be on the title to get a tag to prevent IRP shopping. Quality wouldn't put me on the title which I understand. So I went to regions and got my financing and went to freightliner in bham and bought my 09 cascadia. $1100 a month. A lot cheaper than $450/wk.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  5. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama

I agree. I was a mechanic before I started driving. Hands down the 60 series beats everything (except cats pulling power). I priced a new Fitzgerald when I bought mine. 389 with a 13sp and 78in raised roof was $140k before tax. Their warranty has 1 stupid provision. If you ever Rev the engine higher than 1800 RPM it voids the warranty completely. Who has never missed a gear or it felt lIke it went in gear but nothing was there and it revved to high heaven?

6. cowboy rob

cowboy rob Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Does quality have a good program r is it another scam like most other leasing companys. I have my own company w own authority n thought about leasing a couple of there trucks n putting drivers in them, n n have a friend that wants to lease from them n haul for us.

7. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I worked with their director of leasing for about 3 months when my company was beginning a contract with quality. I wouldn't say that it is a scam. Rather, I would say that some things are misstated. Such as, "If you dont work this week, you don't pay this week". That is both true and false. No, you don't pay that week. However, the next week, your payments double. They would just roll it on the end. Yes you can swap approved carriers but you have to give 90 days before you do that. I told them what I wanted fixed on the truck and they said it would be a few days and it was my 2nd trip up there to get the truck so I asked if I could buy the parts and put them on myself and be reimbursed. They said that was fine so I got home and bought 6 brand new shocks, a new windshield, a speedometer (the old one was in KMH) and a fuel sending unit. Around $1700 total and I put everything on myself except the windshield. I called them and took pictures of the receipts and sent them and had a comchek within 15 minutes.

They seem like good people and if they screw something up, they will make it right. You just have to ask questions.

Here is my Quality experience...

The company I work for decided to go under contract with Quality. I was going to be the first from my company to do their program. I spoke with the head guy up there and told him I wanted a Pete. He said they were getting some pete's and that I can get one. About a month later, I call and they say "we have the Petes". I tell them I'll be there next week. Then I get another call a couple of days later and they say "We didn't get the Petes because they weren't in good shape but we got some T660 KW's with Cummins and 13sp". I said I drive a 660 now and I like it and the Cummins and 13sp are a plus so we'll do that. Then they tell me that they're not at the yard. I have to go to Indy and do paperwork and take a rental car up to Detroit to pick the truck up. I was under no obligation to keep the truck so I agreed. I get to the yard and look around and see 50+ BEAUTIFUL white 386 and 587 Petes. All had 13sp, leather, nav, 200k miles, refrigerators, etc. I look over in the corner and see the truck I am there to pick up. You can't find a spot that doesn't have rust on it. The inside smells like an ashtray. Most of the plastic interior pieces are broken. To top it off, the truck won't crank. I drove it back to the motel in indy where they had reserved me a room. I got there around 1am and I had left indy at 9am. I gave the lady the voucher for the room and guess what. No one ever booked the room. They just gave me the voucher. So the lady at the desk calls quality and no one is available. They call the 5 other motels and the only one that has a room, I wouldn't want my worst enemy to sleep in. I'm not a picky person but the room had no locks on the door (I had to wedge the bench under the door handle) and it looked like someone sacrificed something on the carpet and the chair. I had to pay for the room and got reimbursed when I got back to the yard. I drove it back to the Indy yard and told them that I will not take that truck and that I want one of the 386 Pete's or we can shake hands and go our separate ways. He makes some phone calls and says "My boss says we can get you one but it will be a week". I didn't have a credit card to rent a car so they took me to the airport and I bought a plane ticket and flew back home.

The next week, I get back to the Indy yard. I walked in and the guy asked if I had seen the truck. I said no. He said come on and I'll show you. I walk in and it's not a 386. It's a 2013 587. I told him that it was the wrong truck and he looked embarrassed. I was frustrated at this point, I had missed 4 days worth of work, came out of pocket $250 for a rental car, and $500 for a plane ticket. I told him I would check it out and if I like it I'll take it. The truck had 209k miles and was spotless so I decided to take it. Payments were $450/wk. I got the truck home and it sat on our yard for 3 months. Apparently, Alabama changed their laws along with 21 other states. In order to get a tag in the state of Alabama, your name has to be on the title. My company called Quality and Quality wouldn't put me on the title (and I completely understand). My company called the state and they wouldn't budge. Ultimately, we explained to Quality what the problem was and they came and picked the truck up for us. Then, I went to Regions bank and financed my own truck.

The tag problem wasn't Qualities fault. Their director of leasing said that we were the first carriers in Alabama to go with them and they had no idea the laws changed here and apparently, my company didn't know either. But, I lost 4 days of work, $250 on a rental car and $500 on a plane ticket. After 3 months of my company and Quality working with the state trying to get something worked out, my company told Quality to come get the truck and I went and bought my own and I believe I'm better off for it. If you lease a truck through Quality, I would say that it is a good thing if you're going to run it for 2 - 3 years and bank some money and turn the truck in and use that money as a down payment on another truck. If you plan on keeping that truck, you will be over paying by a lot. I was going to end up paying $120k on a truck that sells for $70k all day long. Now I'm paying $55k for a $48k truck.

Use it as a tool, not a goal and you will be fine.

lisamomof4boyz, Loke and roshea Thank this.
  8. KSGunny

KSGunny Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2014
    el paso tx

csettles,, check these two forums.... Mercer and why do some fail @ mercer

9. lisamomof4boyz

lisamomof4boyz Light Load Member

could you pm me too? :) looking at the same ideas with my husband, would love a heads up on trucks from quality. that's the only part that worries me. are they decent to start out with? He pulls flatbed. ty

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Rumor has it Mercer is no longer taking new quality trucks, only the guys that had already applied and approved. before you waste time, id suggest calling recruiting to find out.

11. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I was going to tell you exactly what spyder said. I got busy and forgot to reply.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.