Mercer Question

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Dec 24, 2015.

1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    You want see much on the public loadboard, what's there is what is left after 2500 have picked over it.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Cbd. Is an important thing to learn on the loadboard

4. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    That is why I asked the question.

5. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I wondered that very same thing!
    I pull from that public load board maybe once a week. I usually have to call to get more accurate loads in their system.
    One thing I do know ...the drivers over there must be pretty happy about the way the loads pay because I had a load coming out of Florida last week going over to Texas an the mercer agent said I have a load for u but it's only paying 1.90...,I was like 1.90?!!! Out of Florida?!!
    Hell yea I'll take it an won't ##### about it either!! Lol. I can only imagine what some of the better hot lane loads are paying

6. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    CBD? Enlighten me on this term fellow driver

7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    If only going to Houston and no crazy 8ft tarps id snatch that, but any farther west and you have fun with it. Texas is not a good area for us in the winter.

8. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

Are you sure it's carriers and not brokerages getting the lads then handing them back out?

I ask cause it's easy to find the rates large carriers are getting. publicly owned companies must declare their revenue and profit numbers, it's just part of the requirements when you put your company up in the stock markets. And every company must list their number of peer units, plus their annual miles as part of the ucr filing. So it's a simple search to find revenue and miles to figure out what their average cpm rate is.

Many guys think the big companies pull cheap, and while they do, it's the exception, not the rule.

9. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Not sure what it is...but it's never good when a small 1-2 truck carrier tries to go up against what some of these bigger companies are agreeing to haul for.
    In hindsight, I can mathematically understand why they can afford to haul it so cheap when you're dealing with volume freight.

10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    But the numbers don't show them pulling cheap. At least not when you look at average rate per mile over the course of a year. I'm not saying the never pull or quote a cheap rate, but it will not be their money loads. My Google skills aren't the best, but if you search double yellows post he had one a couple months ago breaking down the numbers for some of the bigger publicly traded companies. And as much as we all like to pick on the megas, their power truck revenue is better than the vast majority of owner operators and small fleets.

11. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Oh I'm sure it was company's with company trucks. They would only do it in the winter when freight got slow. I am friends with the shipping manager, she won't even talk to those companies now when they come around trying to cut rates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.