Mercer trailer lease

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Wespipes, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Anyone leased a trailer from them? Curious what the terms were? Just feeling out if I should get financing outside of mercer before I lease on. Also is it only flatbed trailers or do they have stepdeck for lease too?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbedsv77

flatbedsv77 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Homer Glen, IL
    Don't lease on with mercer have you read the mercer forum lately? Everyone seems to be leaving and no freight.

PoleCrusher, Wespipes and 6wheeler Thank this.
  4. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    It was a good company long time ago

5. Wespipes

Jul 14, 2019

Not quite the info I was looking for lol. But we can dive into that. Yes I keep up with the mercer thread. I take everything on there with a grain of salt You'll hear 1,000 people complain but the rarely hear from people doing good Goes for all companies Mercer sounds good to me because I dont have but 2 months or so of flatbed experience spread throughout my 15 years of driving. I typically do dry and reefer. Mercer is fine with this so I can get my experience there. Ultimate goal is to get my own authority or lease on to somewhere where they take idk 10% and I run of the spot market as if I had my own authority. If theres something better out there for a person in my situation. I'm all ears. I love advice and love to learn.

cke Thanks this.
  6. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    They used to lease flat, step, rgn, and van. I'm not sure anymore because in the time I've been here, they've stopped the van leases and started doing rentals on that side in order to boost their drop and hooks. The lease isnt a bad deal though, they aren't out trying to make a ton of money off of you. I have a flat, it was $435/month plus $100/month escrow for 60 months when I started. There is a $6k buyout at the end, but that's where the escrow comes in. If you get a used trailer, you just take over payments where the other person left off. If the completed 40 months of the lease, your payments would be the same as theirs, except at the end of the 20 months lease you are doing, you would only have $2k of the buyout in your escrow, so you would need the addition $4k.

Cat sdp and Wespipes Thank this.
  7. Wespipes

Jul 14, 2019
    Thank you! Is there a min credit requirement?

8. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Not that I'm aware of

Wespipes Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    There is no balloon payment at the end of the trailer leases anymore For flat beds... they simply increase the trailer payment to cover what was the escrow before..

ChevyCam, Razorwyr and Wespipes Thank this.
  10. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    "Great" company long time ago :)lol

11. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    You still drive for them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.