mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. MarkH83

MarkH83 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    This topic has been beat to death in this same thread.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Now the dedicated stuff I can understand.
    Just like this one fella that lives near the house. He pulls for mercer as well however he only runs dedicated out of one particular shipper/agent. If they don't have anything for him to do then he doesn't run. He said he's been running the same exact load for the past 2 years an been with mercer for 11 years lol.

4. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    We've had some really good paying intermodal stuff on the board pulling a container chassis I've seen. It pays round trip.

jacquesi23 and MarkH83 Thank this.
  5. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    If you see a load that is PO (power only) it means you will be pulling some type of trailer. Often containers but many times its other things (covering for a broke truck or just moving a trailer one way). Usually if you read the notes you can figure out what it is. Often the hard part is finding a place for your trailer. You don't just want to leave it anywhere.

@jacquesi23

roshea and jacquesi23 Thank this.
  6. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Yea I saw about two weeks ago they had some PO loads going up to Baltimore paying pretty good pulling some military trailers I would assume since it was coming from the AFB. But I got to thinking where the heck would I leave my trailer?

7. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I've seen agents post on FB to call them, I've had agents say call them, I've been called direct by agents, it doesn't always mean someone jumped the line. You have to remember truck drivers lie about everything from rates to what color their hair is, always been that way, will always be that way. Some drivers feel the need to "big shot" themselves and never put 2 and 2 together. They may call the agent, and the agent may offer them a load, I've learned it means nothing. They may have matched to it, other coordinators may have fell asleep and missed it, it might be cheap, it may be going to a dead zone, deadhead could be to high for others, ect...

mtoo, whoopNride, kjoseph and 2 others Thank this.
  8. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    It's one thing if you're a dedicated truck or dedicated to one particular agent. But to make it seem like every load mercer has is at your disposal is a load of crap becuase I've yet to see that type of operation.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  9. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Don't worry. The system is there and for the most part it works. It's easy to point fingers or run at the mouth. You will learn how to work it in your favor over time. We have explained all of this right here in this thread. Is it a perfect system? Nope. But it is a system and it should work.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  10. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Then you answered your own question. And on the Huntsville loads. You could have left it there.

11. Truckin_Texas91411

Truckin_Texas91411 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Texas
    Agents remember certain trucks. Today was a good example. The agent in Ontario knows where I live in Texas & knows that I will take loads to the valley of Texas to go home. I don't know a single person that will immediately jump on a load going 2 miles from Mexico! I will because its close to my house.

I originally refused the load because of the DH, but they called & asked what I wanted for DH to pull the load. It pays good obviously because it goes to a dead area. Someone might have pulled it if there was another load around here that they could pick up, I'm not worried about it because I live in this area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.