mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    I'm sure you got a new one free right? Mich has always done right by me.

Look in the note section of the Bol ( might be second page). If the date on there is before the date they take it you will be paid and paid well. But if it has a date different then what you booked and they are having you deliver on the date on the bills you get to fight with the agent. Usually they will throw you a small bone.

I have the new tripac on mine. I love it. But there are cheaper systems. I had a tripac on the old truck too. On the plus side is TK is everywhere. But yes it cost a bit more. Depending on the features you get.
    Doesn't hurt to ask.

roshea Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    When I booked load it was del for 3/7 no one called me to tell me it was changed to 3/10. Yea it's only 3 days but that 3days I could be making money. I only found out at pu from the other drivers... My dispatch email even says 3/7

4. RUSSELBURG

RUSSELBURG Light Load Member

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    No I went with a company that had there own customer out bound freight and use brokers back and I have learned to broker my own loads and get more money . When I was at Mercer if you hear the despair ate voice of a agent trying to c o very a load you can and should ask for more money ,there is about 10 to 25 % more on each load not all but most if you know how to ask for it . I did once double the price on a agent at mercer in Florida once but only once he never booked me again.
    Sorry I will not let anyone know who I am with I may lease some more trucks only competition is only good for the others not me.

kjoseph Thanks this.
  5. RUSSELBURG

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    I learned several things at mercer one was don't go where there is no freight,two do not follow the crowd, beware of there agents false promises, I went with one on automotive was making good bank on dedicated and when they lost that went some some false promises that almost
    T bankrupt me. I found the driver cording tor where there t
    Help the agents more than to help drivers.
    If I fail or this company fails me I will return to mercer with more knowedge.
    I like being home every weekend and making over $ 3000 net I only did that at mercer a few times I. 7 months ,I know I did not give enough time but had to make money to pay bills

6. RUSSELBURG

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    I made $5738.37 on 2781 miles and after .10 maintain e fund .02 I fta and 45 plates and 200 advance I brought home after fuel $3804.37

7. Truckin_Texas91411

Truckin_Texas91411 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Texas
    The weak don't survive pulling van at Mercer

CJndaTruck, spyder7723 and kjoseph Thank this.
  8. RUSSELBURG

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    True that

9. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    i met a fellow mercer driver today down in KY..,he said he was 62 an all he had was a Samsung flip phone. Lol.
    He said he couldn't work a laptop or computer to save his life.
    I asked well how do you monitor the boards to see what's out there?
    He says, man I don't even know what mercer's load board looks like.
    He says his coordinator handles all of his loads an somehow he still manages to make good money.
    Been there over 25 years

whoopNride Thanks this.
  10. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee

You young guys must look at us old guys and think, man, I sure am glad I'm not you!

But then again, Us old guys look at you and say, man, I sure am glad I'm not you.

When I do hang my keys up and pass the torch to you. I will wish you well. This industry has been good to me, I hope you receive the same out of it.

11. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Yeah, michelin is covering it. I wasn't so sure, the way everything has been just out of warranty with me lately and even the shop manager said michelin would probably claim impact damage by way of a pothole or something, but nope, they are covering it 100%

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.