mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    That could be. My work habits have been so sporadic this year that I don't have a great database to go off of. However, truck parking is hard to dispute. Last night in Wasco(sp?) OR there was open parking spots all night. That's another spot that is always full. Same with Darrington, CA the night before. So there are a lot fewer trucks out here. Even on our side, I'm still running my LTL but am matching up #2 in WA. I haven't even gone home yet. So we must have a lot fewer trucks out here today too.

My original point was that with fewer trucks on the road at some point rates will have to go up and people will be able to get more picky. I just wish that point was sooner rather then later. Also was wondering if you guys out east are noticing it too or if everyone just ran from the Wild West?

Razorwyr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Hopefully the price of oil will go up to 60 bucks a barrel and the oil guys can get back in the fields , and otr can start servicing them.

T Boone Pickins was on the other night saying he sees 60 a barrel coming soon. He usually spot on in the oil market.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  4. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    So, I've been sitting in line waiting to get my truck washed for 2 hours now (I was 3rd in line when I pulled up). I'm at Hotwash in Allentown, PA, and I'm not in a hurry or anything, but with this kind of wait, this ought to be one spectacular wash.

5. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Lol. Break out the white gloves.

6. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Wow, I'm done....3 1/2 hours later. It's clean, but not as clean as it should be for that wait.

7. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    That's the Amish truck wash.

8. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Check out dat.com They show rate trends for different markets in different regions.

9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Those are spot market loads, so very little bearing on the rates we get at mercer. Also i question their accuracy. When i was using dat for loads i never once had someone from dat and ask me what rate i got from a load from their board.

TaylorMade407 Thanks this.
  10. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Iowa 80 truck wash in Indy @1800 no trucks and no line. In and out in 20 min. Then take truck to our dust bowl yard.

Razorwyr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.